The major concentration consists of twelve courses organized in the following categories. Students will be admitted to the concentration on recommendation of their advisor. Alternative, individualized concentrations for studying media may also be proposed.
- One of 2 core courses
- FMS 131 - Introduction to Media Studies or
- FMS 132 - Introduction to Film Studies
- One class in film/media history
- One class in International or Transnational film/media
- One class in film/media theory
- Two classes in film/media analysis and criticism
- One class in media production
- Five classes in film/media studies courses (of which two must be at the 200/300 level).