Title: Associate ProfessorJames P. Wilmot Distinguished Assistant Professor of Philosophy
Education: PhD, Brown University
523 Lattimore Hall
Department of Philosophy
University of Rochester
Rochester, NY 14627-0078
Phone: (585) 275-8109
Fax: (585) 273-2964
Office Hours: By appointment
Metaphysics, Philosophy of Mind, Philosophy of Physics
Courses Offered (subject to change)
- PHL 101 Introduction to Philosophy
- PHL 145Q Minds and Machines
- PHL 214/414 Logical Methods in Philosophy
- PHL 242/442 Metaphysics
- PHL 244/444 Philosophy of Mind
- PHL 342 Metaphysics
- PHL 542 Selected Topics in Metaphysics
- PHL 544 Selected Topics in Philosophy of Mind
- PHL 552 Selected Topics in Philosophy of Science
- The Status of Our Ordinary Three Dimensions in a Quantum Universe, Noûs, Vol. 46, September 2012
- Neo-Positivist Metaphysics, Philosophical Studies, Vol. 160, August 2012
- Convergence on the Problem of Mental Causation, Philosophical Issues, Vol. 20, 2010.
- Physical Causation and Difference-making, British Journal for the Philosophy of Science, Vol. 60, December 2009.
- Defining Physicalism, Philosophy Compass, Vol. 3, July 2008.
- Physicalism as an Attitude, Philosophical Studies, Vol. 138, March 2008.
- Can an Appeal to Constitution Solve the Exclusion Problem? Pacific Philosophical Quarterly, Vol. 88, December 2007.
- Physicalism and Our Knowledge of Intrinsic Properties, Australasian Journal of Philosophy, Vol. 85, March 2007.