Title: Assistant ProfessorAssistant Professor in Philosophy
Education: PhD, Sydney
520 Lattimore Hall
Department of Philosophy
University of Rochester
Rochester, NY 14627-0078
Phone: (585) 276-3821
Office Hours: Monday 11:00a-12:00p and by appointment
Philosophy of Science, Metaphysics, Philosophy of Mind
My current projects concern the relationship between different levels of explanation in the sciences, the use of causal models to analyse token causation, the temporal asymmetry of causation, and the exclusion problem in philosophy of mind.
Courses Offered (subject to change)
- PHL 152 Science and Reason
- PHL 256/456 Darwin and Religion
- Barry Loewer, Eric Winsberg and Brad Weslake (Eds). currently untitled, Harvard University Press, Cambridge MA, forthcoming.
- "Causation, Counterfactual Dependence and The Transition Problem", in Barry Loewer, Eric Winsberg and Brad Weslake (Eds), currently untitled, Harvard University Press, Cambridge MA, forthcoming.
- “Explanatory Depth”, in Philosophy of Science, Vol. 77, No. 2, April 2010, pp. 273–294. [DOI] [PDF] [PhilPapers]
- Price, Huw and Weslake, Brad, “The Time-Asymmetry of Causation”, in Helen Beebee, Chris Hitchcock and Peter Menzies (Eds), Oxford Handbook of Causation, Oxford University Press, Oxford, pp. 414–443. [OUP] [PhilSci] [PhilPapers]
- “Common Causes and The Direction of Causation”, in Minds and Machines, Rolf Haenni and Stephan Hartmann (Eds), Special Issue on Causality, Uncertainty and Ignorance, Vol. 16, No. 3, August 2006, pp. 239–257. [DOI] [PhilSci] [PhilPapers]