"Social Justice and Its Challenges"
Keynote Speaker: Yolanda Moses, University of California Riverside
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Rush Rhees Library
Reception: 3:00pm in the Welles Brown Room
Panel Discussion to follow at 4:00pm in the Hawkins Carlson Room
Organized in conjunction with the RACE Exhibit that is coming to the Rochester Museum of Science in January.
Introduction: Robert Ulin, Professor of Anthropology, Rochester Institute of Technology
Moderator: Daniel Reichman, Asst. Professor of Anthropology, University of Rochester
- Judy Marquez Kiyama, Asst. Professor Warner School, University of Rochester
- James Norman, CEO, Action for a Better Community, Rochester NY
- Michael Blakey, Professor of Anthropology and National Endowment for the Humanities Professor, College of William and Mary
- Yolanda Moses, Vice Chancellor for Diversity and Professor of Anthropology, Past President of The American Anthropological Association, Past President of City College CUNY
- William A. Johnson, Jr., Distinguished Professor of Public Policy and Urban Studies, Rochester Institute of Technology, Former Mayor of Rochester
- President Joel Seligman will present Dr. Moses with the Frederick Douglass Medal
- The Frederick Douglass Institute for African and African-American Studies, University of Rochester
- The Humanities Project, University of Rochester
- The Department of Anthropology, University of Rochester
- The Department of Sociology and Anthropology, Rochester Institute of Technology
- College of Liberal Arts, Rochester Institute of Technology
- The Rochester Area Community Foundation
- The Rochester Museum & Science Center
Please allow extra time for parking, since visitor parking lots are not always centrally located. Visitors to River Campus can purchase one-day permits at the River Campus Information Booth (at the Elmwood Ave and Wilson Blvd. entrance) for a fee of $5.00 (after 4:00pm the fee is reduced to $3.00), or they may use the meters along Wilson Blvd. for short term (<2 hours) parking.
The Hawkins Carlson Room is located in Rush Rhees Library, to the right after you enter the front doors from the academic quad.