Application Instructions

Center for Study Abroad
Dewey 2-147, P.O. Box 270376
University of Rochester Internships in Europe
Rochester, NY 14627-0376
Phone: (585) 275-7532
Fax: (585) 473-6494

*If sending by Express Mail or Federal Express, do not include the P.O. Box in the address.

Notice: The British government now requires all students who undertake internships in the U.K. to obtain a visa. Information about how to obtain this visa will be provided after you have been admitted to the program. For initial information, click here.

Application Deadlines

Applications for fall semester must be in by March 15, for the spring semester by September 15, for summer programs by February 15. Please note: Students age 21 and over must obtain an FBI background check, which can take 8 weeks or more. Click here and here for information on getting your Belgian visa. While we always try to place late applicants, it is a good idea to apply earlier if you plan a placement in the most competitive spots, such as the House of Commons.

Applications are reviewed on a rolling admissions basis. Early applications are encouraged.

Applying to the Internships in Europe Program

  1. First complete a University of Rochester Study Abroad Proposal. Please note that although the Study Abroad Proposal is due September 15th, completed spring applications for the Internships in Europe program are also due September 15th.
  2. Select the term and program you would like to apply for.
  3. Create a profile in the EPA Internships in Europe online system. The first step in the EPA application process is to create an online profile using the EPA online application system.
  4. A resume and cover letter are needed for the Internships in Europe application. Please plan ahead so that you can meet with an advisor in the Gwen M. Greene Career and Internship Center is possible. Upcoming resume and cover letter writing workshops can be found at:

Important note regarding student visas:

 If you are applying to our semester programs in Brussels or Madrid, you WILL need to apply for a student visa (U.S. citizens and some non-US citizens).  Find out NOW what the requirements are, as the application process can be long and very detailed. If you are applying to our programs in Edinburgh or London, you will need to apply for Prior Entry Clearance.  International students will need to meet English language requirements. Visit these web sites for introductory information:


Policies and Procedures