Kearns Center Scholars
The Kearns Center Scholars program currently supports undergraduates interested in pursuing baccalaureate degrees in arts, sciences and engineering..
- First semester freshman at the University of Rochester
- Must intend on majoring in arts, sciences, or engineering
- Must demonstrate financial aid eligibility
- Demonstrate a minimum GPA of 2.0 at the end of your first semester
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident
In addition, students will receive: intensive academic advising, study groups, career mentoring, and other enrichment opportunities. In order to receive continued Kearns scholarship support, scholars must remain in an arts, sciences, or engineering degree program at the University of Rochester, maintain satisfactory academic progress towards degree completion, and participate in program activities.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader.
- Download the application form.
- Complete the application on your computer and save it in the following format: lastname,firstname_KearnsApp.pdf
Note: Your application and supplemental materials must be returned as a SINGLE pdf. Most computer labs on campus will have Adobe Acrobat Pro, which will allow you to combine multiple files into one. If you cannot access a lab, there is an online program that will do the same: Merge PDF. If you need assistance with this, please stop in and see an advisor. Letters of recommendation can be emailed seperately by the professor to the email address below.
- If you are using a recommender who is not a member of the faculty, you must use this recommendation form. The completed form can be sent by the recommender to the email address below.
- Return the completed application to Christopher Grant as an email attachment: email@example.com
- Interviews will be scheduled on a first come, first serve basis as soon as your completed application is received.
Application Deadline: Friday December 7, 2012 at 5:00pm EST.