Minutes and Summaries of Past Senate Meetings
- May 6 , 2014, Faculty Handbook discussion and vote.
- April 8, 2014, President Seligman's "State of the University Address"
- March 25, 2014, Presentation on Proposed Faculty Handbook Revisions, by Faculty Senate Co-Chair, Andrew Wall.
- February 11, 2014, Provost Lennie's Annual Address to the Faculty.
- January 12, 2014, Presentation on CETL by, Jenny Hadingham and Stuart Jordan and Presentation on Central Support by Carol Shuherk, Sr. Associate Provost.
- December 10, 2013, Presentation on the Interfaith Chapel, by Rev. Denise Yarbrough and a Presentation of Proposed Faculty Handbook Changes.
- November 12, 2013, COACHE Faculty Survey Results by, Vivian Lewis, Deputy to the President and Vice Provost for Faculty Development and Diversity.
- October 29, 2013, University-wide Strategy for Research by, Robert Clark, Sr. Vice President for Research and Dean, Hajim School of Engineering & Applied Sciences.
- September 17, 2013, President Seligman's State of the University Address to the Faculty Senate.
- May 14, 2013, Presentation of River Campus Libraries, by Maryann Mavrinac, Dean of River Campus Libraries.
- April 23, 2013, President Seligman's Report to the Faculty Senate.
- March 19, 2013, Presentations of United Way Presentation by Andrea Demeo and International Instruction and Research by Provost Lennie.
- February 19, 2013, Presentation of URMC Strategic Plan, by Bradford Berk and Ray Mayewski.
- January 22, 2013, Panel Disscussion - Benefts with Ron Paprocki, Vivian Lewis, Chuck Murphy, Michele Hill and Eldred Chimowitz.
- December 4 , 2012, Presentation of COACHE Survey by Vivian Lewis and Discussion of Online Learning with Rob Clark.
- November 13, 2012, Presentation by Mark Zupan on Establsihing a Branch Campus in NYC.
- October 16, 2012, Presentation of COACHE Survey by Vivian Lewis and Report of University Finances and College Town Project, from Ron Paprocki.
- September 11, 2012, State of the University Address: Annual Report to the Faculty Senate by President Seligman
- May 8, 2012, Address to the Faculty Senate
"Faculty of the Future-Thoughts on the Challenges and Opportunities Ahead"; by Provost Ralph Kuncl. Q&A Document posted.
- April 10, 2012, Address to the Faculty Senate "The Path Ahead" by President Joel Seligman.
- March 20, 2012, Update on the University Endowment by Doug Phillips, Report from the University Council on Sustainability by Karen Berger and Presentation on the Doctoral Programs by Margaret Kearney.
- February 28, 2012, Presentation on Changes to Retirement Program by Ron Paprocki, Chuck Murphy and Michele Hill, College Admissions Update by Jonathan Burdick and and unrecorded session.
- January 24, 2012, Presentation on Human Subject Protection by Gary Chadwick and University Security by Ron Paprocki, Walter Mauldin and Mark Fischer.
- December 6, 2011, Presentation on Diversity by Vivian Lewis and Warner School Update by Raffaella Borasi
- November 8, 2011, School of Arts, Sciences, and Engineering Update by Peter Lennie and Advancement Update by Jim Thompson.
- October 18, 2011, 2012 Benefits Update by: Michele Hill and Chuck Murphy.
- September 26, 2011, State of the University Address: We are One University: Five Year Report by President Seligman.
- May 10, 2011, Report to the Faculty Senate by President Seligman.
- April 12, 2011,Reports from Doug Phillips, Senior Vice President for Institutional Resources, on the management of the University’s investments, and from Ron Paprocki, Chief Financial Officer, on the plans for the Mount Hope College Town Development Project.
- March 15, 2011, Update from Dean Doug Lowry on the Eastman School and Dr. David Krusch of the Medical Center presented the New Electronic Health Record System in URMC.
- February 8, 2011, Presentation by Mark Taubman, Dean of the School of Medicine and Dentistry and Vice President of Health Sciences.
- January 18, 2011, Advancing the Teaching Enterprise of a Great University by Provost Kuncl.
- December 14, 2010, Health Care Reform by Steven I. Goldstein.
- November 2, 2010, Update of College Admissions by Jonathan Burdick.
- October 5, 2010, Third Annual Report on Faculty Recruitment and Retention data by Vivian Lewis, and the Revision of the Non-Discrimination Policy Statement by Paul Burgett.
- September 7, 2010, We are One University: five Year Report by Joel Seligman.
- May 4, 2010, Update on Graduate Studies by Bruce Jacobs.
- April 6, 2010, State of the Faculty Address by Provost Ralph Kuncl - The preliminary materials and the powerpoint presentation have been posted.
- March 16, 2010, On-Line Course Evanluation - by Richard Feldman, Kathy Rideout, Jamal Rossi and John Podvin, and Security and Information Technology Presentation by David Lewis, Julie Myers and Chip Nimick.
- February 16, 2010, Athletics Department Presentation - George VanderZwaag, and Diversity Report Presenation - by Vivian Lewis.
- January 19, 2010, State of the University Address "Keeping Our Eyes on the Prize" by President Joel Seligman.
- December 15, 2009, Update on the Medical Center - by Mark Taubman, and Parking and Transportation by Ron Paprocki and Richard Pifer
- November 3, 2009, Report on University Endowment- by Doug Phillips and Presentation of Futurity - by Bill Murphy and Jenny Leonard
- October 6, 2009, H1N1 Preparedness, Presentations by: John Treanor, Ralph Manchester, and Mark Cavanaugh
- September 8, 2009, State of the University: Annual Report to the Faculty Senate - by President Joel Seligman
- May 12, 2009, "State of the Faculty Address" - by Provost Ralph Kuncl and Report from the Sustainability Council - by Senior Associate Provost Carol Shuherk
- April 14, 2009, "State of the Warner School" - by Dean Rafaella Borasi, Update on College Admission - by Dean of Admissions Jonathan Burdick , and Report of Retirement Benefits - by Fank Wolfs co-chair of the Faculty Senate Benefits Committee
- March 24, 2009, College of Arts, Sciences, and Engineering Presentation - by Peter Lennie, Dean and Sr. Vice President of the College, School of Medicine and Dentistry Presentation - by Bradford Berk, Sr. Vice President for Health Sciences and CEO of the Medical Center, University Budget Update - by Ron Paprocki, Sr. Vice President and CFO, and Endowment Update - by Doug Phillips, Sr. Vice President of Institutional Resources
- February 10, 2009, School of Nursing Presentation- by Kathy Parker, Dean of the School of Nursing, and School of Engineering and Applied Sciences Presentation - by Robert Clark, Dean of the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
- January 13, 2009, "State of the University" - by President Joel Seligman
- December 16, 2008, "State of the Simon School" - by Mark Zupan, Dean of the Simon School, and The Budget Committee's website on university finances - by Doug Ravenel, Co-Chair of the Budget Committee and an Unrecorded Session.
- November 17, 2008, Endowment - by Doug Phillips, Senior VP Institutional Resources and Information Security - by Julie Myers, Information Security Officer and Director of Security & Policy and Chip Nimick, Information Security Officer for the Medical Center, and Sue Stewart, Sr. Vice President and University Counsel.
- Please visit the Morningstar website at https://secure1.rochester.edu/hr/benefits/retirement/morningstar/which lists all of the University’s retirement options in one place with all of their requirements. The website and gives you the ability to look at every option and hopefully make some better decisions with your 403(B) and TIAA-CREF funds. We are the first university in the country to try this, so everyone is encouraged to use it.
- October 14, 2008, First Annual Report on Recruitment and Retention - by Lynne Davidson, Deputy to the President and Vice Provost for Faculty Development and Diversity and a Presentation by - Ed Hajim, Chairman of the Board of Trustees
- September 9, 2008, "State of the University Address" - by Joel Seligman, President
- May 13, 2008, "State of the Faculty" - by Ralph Kuncl, Provost and Executive Vice President
- April 15, 2008, "Security and Emergency Preparedness" - by Ron Paprocki, Sr. Vice President & CFO, and Walter Mauldin, Director of University Security.
- March 18, 2008, Update on "Operation Advance" - by James Thompson, Sr. Vice President & Chief Advancement Officer
- February 12, 2008, The Campus Master Plan - by Ron Paprocki, Sr. Vice President and CFO and Kevin King, Consultant and Parking Update - by Richard Pifer, Associate Vice President of Facilities and Services
- January 22, 2008, "State of the University" A ddress - by Joel Seligman, President & Gandhi Resolution
- December 11, 2007, Eastman School of Music Strategic Plan - by Dean Doug Lowry
- November 13, 2007, The College Strategic Plan - by Peter Lennie, Sr. Vice President & Dean of the College Faculty
- October 16, 2007, 2008 Healthcare Presentation - by Bradford Berk, Sr. Vice President of Health Sciences and CEO URMC & Strong Health, Charles Murphy, Associate Vice President of Human Resources, Michele Hill, Manager of Faculty and Staff Benefits and James Campbell (Mercer Consultant)
- September 4, 2007, Annual Report to Faculty Senate - by Joel Seligman, President
- May 15, 2007,
"State of the Faculty Address" - by Charles Phelps, Provost and his Twin Brother
(Ruse in Action)
- April 17, 2007, IT Overview and Open Dialogue - by David Lewis, Vice Provost & Chief Information Officer and Openness in Research Policy - by Susan Stewart, Sr. Vice President & University Counsel
- March 20, 2007, The Campus Master Plan - by Ron Paprocki, Sr. Vice President and CFO and Paul Tankel Consultant and Endowment Review - by Doug Philips, Sr. Vice President, Institutional Resources
- February 20, 2007, Faculty Handbook Updates - by Lynne Davidson, Deputy to the President and Vice Provost of Faculty Development and Diversity and Susan Stewart, Sr. Vice President and University Counsel and University Logo Presentation - by Bill Murphy, Vice President of Communications
- January 23, 2007, "State of the University" Address - by Joel Seligman, President
- December 12, 2006, College Framework Strategic Plan - by Peter Lennie, Sr. Vice President & Dean of the College Faculty
- November 14, 2006, Faculty Development & Diversity - by Lynne Davidson, Deputy to the President and Vice Provost of Faculty Development and Diversity and Information Technology Policy - Charles Phelps, Provost
- October 24, 2006, Strategic Planning at the Medical Center - by Bradford Berk, Sr. Vice President of Health Sciences and CEO URMC & Strong Health
- October 3, 2006, Framework for Strategic Planning - by Joel Seligman, President
- May 16, 2006,"State of the Faculty Address" and Information Technology Policy - by Charles Phelps, Provost
- April 18, 2006, Update on Parking - by Richard Pifer, Associate Vice President of Facilities and Services and University Communications Plans - by Bill Murphy, Vice President of Communications
- March 21, 2006, Draft of the "2006 Medical Center Strategic Plan" - by Mac Evarts, Senior Vice President and Vice Provost for Health Affairs and Chief Executive Officer of the Medical Center
- February 21, 2006, Legionnaires Disease Update, Fair Labors Standard Acts, Search Update for Sr. Vice President for Health Sciences, and Report on Faculty Diversity and Inclusiveness - by Joel Seligman, President
- January 17, 2006, Steering Committee on Technologynology Commercialization & Corporate Alliances - by Susan Stewart, Sr. Vice President and University Counsel and Peter Robinson, Vice President and COO Medical Center & Strong Health Office and Sr. Vice President for Health Sciences and "Early Leaders" initiative - by Mark Zupan, Dean and Professor and Gregory MacDonald, Executive Director of MBA Admissions and Administration
- December 13, 2005, Advancement and Development - by James Thompson, Sr. Vice President & Chief Advancement Officer and Tuition Benefits - by Joel Seligman, President
- November 15, 2005, Drug Research and Tuition Benefits - by Charles Phelps, Provost and Healthcare Benefits - by Charles Murphy, Associate Vice President of Human Resources, and Michele Hill, Manager of Faculty and Staff Benefits
- October 18, 2005, Report from the School of Nursing - by Patricia Chiverton, Dean
- September 20, 2005, "State of the University" Address - by Joel Seligman, President