Affiliations and Accreditations
- Consortium On Financing Higher Education (COFHE)
- Rochester is one of the 31 members of this association of the nation's top private colleges and universities.
- Association of American Universities (AAU)
- Rochester is one of 62 members of this prestigious organization of the leading public and private research and graduate institutions in the United States and Canada.
The University of Rochester is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and the New York State Board of Regents. Programs within the University's Schools and Colleges are accredited by the following agencies:
- Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology, Inc.
- Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education
- American Academy of Microbiology
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- American Dental Association
- American Psychological Association
- Association for Clinical and Pastoral Education
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, International
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs
- Council on Education for Public Health
- Liaison Committee on Medical Education
- National Association of Schools of Music
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission
Research volume: Rochester consistently ranks among the top colleges and universities nationwide in federally financed science, engineering, medical, and other research. The National Science Foundation ranks the University 29th for federal obligations for science and engineering research and development.
Maintained by the Office of Communications.