Office of Budgets & Planning
The Office of Budgets & Planning is responsible for the stewardship and management of the University-wide operating and capital budget processes and five-year financial plans which are reviewed and approved by Senior Administration and the Board of Trustees.
- Operating budget planning, development and monitoring
- Endowment modeling and adherence to spending policy
- Central administrative budget development
- Monthly management reporting
- Monitoring of budget variances and recovery
- Staff benefit rate calculation
- Maintenance of the central cost allocation model
- Intranet Budget System coordination and training
- Maintenance of standard monthly entries (SMEs) and prorates
- Submission to federal, state, local government entities as required
- Capital budget development and monitoring
- Capital and financial ratios
- Debt planning, issuance support, monitoring of use
- Ratings agency reporting
- Special projects
- Business case development
- Lease vs. buy analyses
- Financial and operational project management
- College Town project management
We are planning for the implementation of an updated budget development system as the second phase of the transition to the Workday financial system. The new budgeting system is expected to be used for the development of the fiscal year 2016 budget.
Holly G. Crawford, CPA, CMA, CIA, MBA
Associate Vice President for Budgets and Planning and Deputy to the Senior Vice President and CFO
Cheryl H. Bennett, CHFP, MBA
Director of Budget Development and Management
Responsibilities: Budget Planning, Development and Monitoring Staff Benefit Calculations and Monitoring, Supervision of the Central Administrative Budget Development and Cost Allocation Process and Management Reporting, Special Projects, and Analyses.
David Hester, MBA
Manager, Budget Development and Analysis
Responsibilities: Financial Modeling, Business Case Development, Capital Ratios, Business Support to Auxiliary Operations and Facilities & Services, Ratings Agency Reporting, Debt Planning, Special Projects, and Analyses.
Christle Pajrowski (MS Candidate)
Responsibilities: Central Administrative Budgets and Allocations, Monthly and Yearly Maintenance on Standard Monthly Entries (SMEs), Prorates and SMB, Upload New and Revised Budgets for both River Campus and Medical Center, Special Projects and Analyses.
Department Administrative Assistant
Responsibilities: Provide administrative support to the Office of Budgets and Planning including Tuition & Fee Scheduling, Property Taxes and Requests for Payments.
Tim Woodward, MBA
Senior Financial Analyst
Responsibilities: Endowment Modeling and Budgeting Policy, Capital Budget and 3-Year Capital Plan Development, Financial Analysis and Reporting including Management Report and Tuition Report, Special Projects, and Analyses.