Tuesday December 17th from 9 – 10 am held at the Alumni & Advancement Center building in Seminar Room 101.
The General Ledger / Chart of Account Special Interest Group members will discuss the following:
- Review Balance Sheet Ledger Accounts
- General Topics
All GL / COA SIG meeting documents can be found on the Resources > General Ledger/Chart of Accounts tab.
Note: Cancelled GL SIG meetings for December, 3rd and 31st. Please update your personal calendars to reflect this change.
We look forward to seeing you there!
You may be familiar with Demo Days or have participated in one of these events, designed to introduce Workday and demonstrate its functionality. Our upcoming events will be in the form of informational sessions providing a project update followed by a spotlight on a relevant topic.
Please join us for the next event, where we will provide an update on recent design decisions and discuss the training approach.
We have heard your feedback and are pleased to be offering three identical sessions to make it easier to attend. Please Sign-Up Here for an option that is most convenient for you.
For those partaking in the meeting via WebEx, please Click Here, and enter your name and e-mail if prompted. The meeting password is: workday
Conference call info is included below:
Dial in: 1-888-330-3581; Access Code: 6534022
Meeting agenda is posted below. Presentation materials can be accessed through this link.
- UR Financials Project Update
– Key Changes
– Major Decisions
- User Training
– Types of Training
- UR Financials Website
– General Structure
– Training Page walk through
University IT has been working with the Workday implementation teams to ensure a smooth transition for systems impacted by the changes to the Chart of Accounts. As the format of account and subcode get replaced by the Workday terminology of FAO and FAC, the data construct changes (6 digit account numbers now become 8 alphanumeric FAOs; 4 digit subcodes become 7 alphanumeric digits) .
The following are secondary systems / areas investigated for change in Chart of Accounts impact:
Student Employment Office
TransAct ( Food Services)
Med Ctr Payroll Deduction
RC Cashier Offices
Conference & Events
Memorial Art Gallery
Eastman School of Music
If you believe that you may have a situation with a system not listed above that could be affected by the Chart of Accounts change, please contact Jeff Meteyer ( 585-406-1066, email@example.com) for review.
We recently completed our second stakeholder survey for UR Financials. The survey was distributed electronically to 1900 users and we received 237 responses (a 12.5% response rate) over a period of two weeks. The overall survey response is encouraging and shows continued awareness and engagement around the project. We registered equal or improved scores on all dimensions compared to our baseline survey that was completed in April 2013.
Additionally, we received 65 responses to our open-ended question. We appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts with us and provide detailed feedback. We will be addressing the concerns surfaced through your responses in upcoming events, presentations and communications.
Below is a breakdown of respondents by University area and by function:
- An overwhelming majority (91%) are aware that our legacy financial system (FRS) is being replaced, though a smaller group is aware that risk mitigation is the primary emphasis in defining project scope (74%).
- Nearly all respondents (94%) expressed a willingness to learn new skills in the pursuit of strengthening the University.
- A sizeable group of users indicated that they had a clear understanding of how their roles will be impacted (64%).
- Respondents exhibited a high level of confidence that they will be adequately prepared for changes to their jobs (73%).
Over the coming weeks we will be taking the following action steps to address the findings:
- Increasing frequency and level of detail of communications to deliver targeted messages around what users can expect and how their day-to-day job responsibilities will change.
- Continuing to leverage Special Interest Groups and launching our Project Champion network to ramp up engagement and build confidence levels.
- Continuing outreach efforts such as regular demonstrations and meetings with standing committees to ensure broad transparency around project activities and decisions.
GL/COA team co-leads Kathy Strojny and Patty Stevens led two informational sessions at the Simon School of Business and the Medical Center on November 5th and 8th. The presentations provided a general overview of the UR Financials project and timeline. They also introduced the Financial Data Model (FDM), which is the replacement for the FRS chart of accounts, and worktags, which are the underlying building blocks. The sessions were well-attended and a dynamic discussion followed the presentation of materials. The slides, which include a crosswalk from FRS to Workday, are posted under Resources > UR Financials Project General Information.
The preliminary cross reference between FRS subcodes and Workday worktags is available for use. The Excel spreadsheet allows users to look up their favorite FRS subcodes and determine the corresponding Workday Spend Category, Revenue Category, and Ledger account. As additional subcodes are added to FRS, the UR Financials team will update the cross reference to reflect the changes.
Refer to the crosswalk spreadsheet here.
Feedback or questions, please use the Contact Us link on the UR Financials website