Thursday, January 23rd from 1:00pm – 2:00pm at the Alumni and Advancement Center on East River Road, Seminar Room (101)
The focus of this meeting will be a review of key process changes to Supplier Invoices and Banking & Settlement, status on design topics, as well as Testing and Training plan updates.
Final slides for the meeting have been posted in the Resources > Accounts Payable SIG page.
You may be familiar with Demo Days or have participated in one of these events, designed to introduce Workday and demonstrate its functionality. We have since transitioned to informational sessions, starting with a project update followed by a spotlight on a relevant topic.
Please join us for the next event, where we will provide an update on ongoing testing and discuss details around training.
We have heard your feedback and are pleased to be offering two identical sessions to make it easier to attend. Please Sign-Up Here for an option that is most convenient for you.
For those partaking in the meeting via WebEx, please Click Here, and enter your name and e-mail if prompted. The meeting password is: workday
Conference call info is included below:
Dial in: 1-888-330-3581; Access Code: 6534022
Meeting agenda is posted below. Presentation materials will also be accessible through this link.
- UR Financials Overview
– Project Update
– Project Timeline
- Testing Phase
– Testing Timeline
– Test Components Definition
- Training Update
– Courses and Delivery
– Development Process
– Timeline and Resources
- Wrap Up
– Demo Days
Entering 2014, we launch into the formal Test phase of the project. During the formal Test phase, we will be including some of the Special Interest Group members to test Workday to ensure that the design meets their unique needs. We will be executing four iterations of testing:
- Test Cycle 1 (Component) – in test cycle 1, we will be testing components of the design to make certain that, as individual pieces, they perform as expected.
- Test Cycle 2 (End-to-End) – test cycle 2 will link together test scenarios from test cycle 1 to be a comprehensive end to end test of the business process. This test cycle validates that all the individual components work properly together.
- Test Cycle 3 (Day in the Life) – test cycle 3 will be emulating “life in a Workday environment”. User security will be tested to verify that security roles can perform the appropriate functions when Workday is turned on. Additionally, over 100 interfaces will be tested and posted into Workday to validate that all are ready for go-live. Reports will be used to verify the results in Workday.
- Test Cycle 4 (Workday 22) – on March 22, 2014, we will be receiving the release of Workday that we will go live on. Workday 22 has some critical features that need to be functioning as expected. The two major features are the multi-company design (allowing us to have balanced set of books at the divisional level, yet report as one legal entity) and enhanced reporting features. We will test all new functionality delivered in Workday 22, as well as re-test all other functionality that we will go live with.
Besides testing in this phase, we will be finalizing the forms revisions, develop the training material, establish end user security for go-live, and develop a Workday Data Governance structure. It will be a busy 4 months, but necessary to be ready for training delivery in the May-July time as well as preparing for go-live.
As always, we appreciate all the feedback that we have received and are grateful for your support as we all partake on this journey. Collectively, we can make the university “ever better”.
The UR Financial Project Team