Thursday September 25, 2014 — 1:00-2:00pm
Alumni and Advancement Center, Seminar Room 101
Marta Herman / Depositor Team
- Review Existing Processes
- Making deposits and postings easier
- Review UR Financials Processes
- Deposit inputs
- Workday process
- Report outputs
- Process Change Details
- Timing of deposit and posting to ledgers
- Updated deposit receipts to complete when bringing your deposits to a cashiering location
- New Banking Entry form for certain situations
Meetings will include the review of prepared materials, discussion, and ample time for questions and answers.
As part of the UR Financials project effort, monthly Demo Days events were held to introduce Workday and demonstrate its functionality. We have since transitioned to informational sessions, starting with a project update followed by a spotlight on a relevant topic.
August’s installation has been changed to focus on the UR Financial Survey Results, areas of opportunity and the action items that we have identified to address them. Please review the presentation materials prior to the session AND come prepared to provide feedback. This will be an interactive event.
Wednesday 8/20: Alumni and Advancement Center Seminar Room 101, 1:30 – 2:30 PM
Thursday 8/21: River Campus, Gleason 318/418, 3 – 4 PM
Friday 8/22: Medical Center, G-9425 Class of ’62 Auditorium, 3 – 4 PM
There are still open seats left! Please access the UR Financials website to sign up for an option of your choice.
Are you interested in learning more about how the new financial system works? We have released a series of educational tools early to orient and prepare users for the new financial system. These are all available on the UR Financials Training page.
1. Introduction to UR Financials (Prerequisite to all instructor-led classes) *
This 45-minute e-learning course explains what UR Financials (Workday) is and how to use it. Topics include:
- Explanation of the new Financial Data Model (FDM)
- How to translate FRS account information to the new Chart of Accounts
- How to log in, navigate, and search the new system
- How to run a basic report in the new system
2. Introduction to Forms (Prerequisite to all form instructional videos)
This video explains the impact of the new Chart of Accounts on your FRS accounts and commonly used forms. Topics include:
- Explanation of the new Financial Data Model (FDM)
- Translation tools that will convert FRS accounts to the new structure
- How to apply translation tools to the updated financial forms
3. Form Instructional Videos
This video series details what will be changing in individual finance forms. (Draft forms are also available for preview on the UR Financials Training page.)
More information is to come on dates, times, and registration for instructor-led classes that will be held in November-December.
* NOTE: Users who will be taking instructor-led classes will need to complete a certification test at the end of the Introduction to UR Financials e-learning course. This test will be released in October. Please know, you may review the e-learning course multiple times prior to taking this test.
Thank you to all that have taken the survey opened last Thursday. As a reminder, there is only one week left before the survey is closed. Your feedback is important to us!
Our first survey was distributed in April and we received positive and encouraging feedback. Having completed several milestones since then and increasingly sought to engage the user community, we would like to gauge your perceptions around the upcoming change. Your responses will allow us to continue to tailor project activities to your needs.
Please click here to take the anonymous survey by August 14, 2014.
As many of you are aware, efforts to replace FRS, our aging legacy financial system, have been underway. In November 2012, we kicked off our UR Financials project geared at implementing Workday throughout the University. The system will be operational by January 1, 2015.
In an effort to ensure necessary levels of preparedness as we progress through the implementation, we are soliciting your feedback again. Your responses continue to allow us to tailor project activities to your needs.
UR Financials Survey
Please take five minutes to answer the anonymous survey through the link above by August 14, 2014 . All participants will be entered into a drawing for five prizes so don’t miss this opportunity!
Due to the change in our Chart of Accounts to the new Financial Data Model (FDM), Forms Are Changing! Visit the Forms page for a sneak peak of some updated forms and let us know what you think.
You may be familiar with Demo Days or have participated in one of these events, designed to introduce Workday and demonstrate its functionality. We have since transitioned to informational sessions, starting with a project update followed by a spotlight on a relevant topic.
Please join us for the February installation focusing on the Workday Financial Data Model along with Process and Policy Changes.
We have heard your feedback and are pleased to be offering three identical sessions to make it easier to attend. Please Sign-Up Here for an option that is most convenient for you.
For those partaking in the meeting via WebEx, please Click Here, and enter your name and e-mail if prompted. The meeting password is: workday
Conference call info is included below:
Dial in: 1-888-330-3581; Access Code: 6534022
Meeting agenda is posted below. Presentation materials will also be accessible through this link.
- UR Financials Overview
– Testing Update
– Project Timeline
- Financial Data Model
- Process and Policy Changes