The FY2018 Fiscal Year End Schedule is now available with key due dates identified. Please review and adhere to these dates to ensure that your transactions are processed in FY2018.
The UR Financials system upgrade completed successfully this past weekend with very few impacts to the user interface. Read further for more details.
- UPDATED Terminology change – Budget is now Plan: The system implemented a terminology change; “Plan” now refers to “Budget” in some areas within the system. This impacts the following reports where Budget Structure (label) has been changed to Plan Structure (label) within the report filter criteria:
- Award Budgetary Balance Summary (NCL) URF0840 report
- Award Budgetary Balance Summary Printable (NCL) URF0987,
- Award Budgetary Balance Summary Printable URF0986
- Award Budgetary Balance Summary URF0331
All QRCs will have been updated to reflect this change.
An alias that links these terms has been implemented. Therefore, when searching for “Budget”, appropriate “Plan” and “Budget” results will return. Remember: Using the established report unique identifier, such as URF0987 and/or full report name, will continue to provide best results when searching for reports.
**This change does not affect the Create Budget Amendment task used by Company Level users with the Accountant role.
- Loading Screen: Users now see a Workday home page loading screen immediately after entering user log in credentials. This briefly appears prior to viewing the UR Financials Home page.
- Rich Text Editor Toolbar: Comment, or reply fields within the UR Financials system now allows rich text editing. Select the Format Text button to view the formatting window with a toolbar.
- Guided Tour for Errors: If errors are encountered while using UR Financials, the system shows a streamlined error indicator. This location of the indicator has not changed, but no longer lists errors. Users will see only an error indicator showing Errors: quantifier. Users may also notice a tooltip appears when hovering over the quantifier.
- When selected, the indicator will collapse, as not to impede viewing of information on screen.
- Select the indicator to be transported to the error location with a provided description. If multiple errors are present, the description window can cycle through all errors found, automatically relocating itself adjacent to each error.
- Accessibility Update: The user interface now offers more compatibility with assistive technologies.
- Input Prompts – Input Prompts, such as single value selection, multiple value selection, and dropdown selection, now have enhanced keyboard navigation and screen reader support.
- Checkboxes and Radio Buttons – Checkboxes and radio buttons are more accessible through enhanced keyboard navigation and screen reader support.
- Page Navigation (Headers and Regions) – The system contains updated headers and regions on all pages to work with screen readers in order to assist users with navigation throughout Workday.
- Multi-view Containers – The multi-view container, as seen in the system’s Inbox, has enhanced keyboard navigation and screen reader support.
- Error Guided Tours – Error Guided Tours have enhanced keyboard navigation and screen reader support.
- UR Financials Announcements: Minor enhancements have been made to announcements within UR Financials.
- The announcement image (i.e. green circle) has been brought back at first viewing and after selecting the announcement card.
- The selected announcement shows a new layout that is no longer stacked, but rotates side by side.
- External links, Custom Report links and Video links may now be included in any announcement.
NOTE: Microsoft’s Retirement of IE9/10 and UR Financials: Internet Explorer version 9/10 will not be supported by Workday as noted at the bottom of the UR Financials Login page. For web browser upgrades and support, contact:
Help Desk: UnivIT: (585) 275-2000 or email: UnivITHelp@ur.rochester.edu
URMC: (585) 275-3200 or email: HelpDesk_ISD@urmc.rochester.edu
For questions on these changes, please email the UR Financials team.
UR Financials will participate in a scheduled upgrade beginning Saturday, September 10, 2016 with access limited to the upgrade team. The system will be up and running for all users by Monday September 12th.
It is expected that this upgrade will have no end user impacts. Email the UR Financials team for any questions on this.
Thank you for your continued support, patience, and cooperation working with the new UR Financials system. We appreciate your continuous efforts assisting the central finance team to complete monthly close procedures throughout the fiscal year. We will continue to support you to the best of our ability as we approach one of our busiest times of the year.
In preparation for fiscal year end close for June 30, 2016, there are special timing considerations and actions required on your part in order to ensure that all financial transactions are recorded properly and in the current fiscal year. The fiscal year end close schedule is attached and important deadlines are noted below. For further information, please visit either the Finance website or the FY2016 Fiscal Year End Close Schedule.
Request for Payment (F-4) and Student Expense Report for University Business (F-34) must be received in Accounts Payable no later than 4PM on Friday, June 10, 2016. Please send to Accounts Payable, RC Box 278958.
Payroll Reallocation Changes – Requests for payroll reallocation changes on Form 800 should be received no later than 4PM on Wednesday, June 15, 2016. Please send your materials to Laura Bardossi, Box PERC.
Employee Expense Reports (F-3) – must be received in Accounts Payable no later than 4PM on Tuesday, June 28, 2016. Please send to Accounts Payable, RC Box 278958.
All journal entry forms and 312 requisitions (non-purchasing) must be received by central finance by 4PM on Friday, July 1, 2016
Preliminary reports available on the morning of Friday, July 8 2016
Final reports available on the morning of Wednesday, July 13, 2016
UR Financials will undergo some cosmetic and functional changes to the Home page, Reporting and Announcements. Changes are listed below in detail.
UR Financials can now be branded with University of Rochester imagery. Below details how the home page will be customized in three different ways:
2. Below the UR logo, University images will appear that will periodically change. UR Financials Announcements will also appear in this area.
3. The Home Button previously to the left of the Search bar will show the Workday “W” logo and performs the same function.
Grid (column) personalization will now be an option on most reports. This feature provides users the ability to visually modify columns shown in report results. Note: All columns will be visible in a grid by default.
Changing columns will not impact data as this is just a visual change and only seen by the user.
The Show/Hide Columns icon is located in the upper right of the report result grid.
1. Select the icon to view a drop-down list of all report column titles.
2. Check only the columns desired to appear on the report.
3. Select the Done button to save and see changes made. A quick message will appear stating “Changes have been saved” under the U of R logo. These changes will persist and show the next time the report is run.
Tip: The icon turns light blue when selections have been made
4. Return to the Show/Hide Columns icon (now blue) to make further changes
Note: This feature is not available on all reports
Announcements will become more interactive and will now be able to link to items such as; reports, external links and tasks. After March 14th, when viewing announcements in the UR Financials system, select the announcement for further viewing of information or possible links.
Additional Changes for March 14th
If you have questions please email URFinancials@UR.Rochester.edu.
The UR Financials Security Audit process is wrapping up. All applicable documents are due by Monday February 29th, otherwise access will be turned off until received.
Ensure your access remains active by sending in your documents today.
Read more for instruction on how to complete this process.
If you have questions please email URFinancials@UR.Rochester.edu.
It’s time for our annual security verification process for all UR Financials users. Over the past year, employees may have transferred, or left the University without updating their security. This initiative is to validate security for accuracy and completeness within the system. This annual security audit is required for all current Workday users.
User accounts needing adjustment will require the completion of a Workday Security (Access) Form to document changes needed.
All users should complete the steps below with a signed security verification form returned no later than February 29th.
To begin, complete the following steps:
- Run the View My Role Assignments report within the UR Financials system.
- Once this report is run, select the Print button in the lower left corner of the screen to print this Role Audit report. This will automatically print as a PDF type form with approval lines for manager signature.Tip: This PDF report will also be saved to the Workday W: drive and can be retrieved there.
- Review the Organization Type, Organization and Roles Name assigned for appropriateness and accuracy.
- If security listed is correct, sign and date, then obtain manager approval. Follow instructions listed at bottom of the Role Audit report for submission. Skip to step 6.
- If a correction is needed, check the “I need to add or remove access” check box on the Role Audit report then, complete a UR Financials Workday Access Form to document changes needed and gain all approvals necessary on that form.
Use this short list of Role definitions list below to determine if you have requested the correct role for access. Linked here is a complete list of roles and definitions.
6. Send form and/or report to:
UR Financials Security Attn: Traci Slingerland College Town
44 Celebration Drive
Email a scanned copy to URFinancialsSecurityTeam@UR.Rochester.edu
Note: For Role Audit reports with no corrections send the Role Audit report only. For Role Audit reports that need corrections send both the Role Audit report and UR Financials Security form.
Remember, all users should have signed UR Financials user security verification forms by Monday, February 29th.
If you have questions please email URFinancials@UR.Rochester.edu.
The following three (3) crosswalks and one (1) job aid listing has been updated on the Tools page as of September 1st, 2015.
- FRS Department to Workday Cost Center Crosswalk
- FRS Account to UR Financials FAO Crosswalk
- FRS Subcode to Workday Worktags Crosswalk
- UR Financials Ledger Accounts, Spend & Revenue Category Listing (JOB-AID)
These crosswalks are used for FAO, Worktag, Ledger Accounts and Spend / Revenue Category reference. Each have their own guidance and disclaimers as noted on the Tools page.
UR Financials will have a planned outage for maintenance on Saturday, July 18th from 2:00 AM – 2:00 PM Eastern time. UR Financials will be operational outside of this timeframe.
The UR Financials systems (Sandbox and Production) will be unavailable this evening, June 29th, at 11:00 PM while fixes are being applied by Workday. Service should be back online at 2:00AM on June 30th.
As a precautionary measure, system monitoring will take place to verify overnight integration have not been impacted.
There has been an update to the 2015 Fiscal Year-End Finance Schedule. Please see change highlighted inline below.
As the University’s fiscal year end approaches for June 30, 2015, there are special timing considerations and actions required on your part in order to ensure that all financial transactions are recorded properly and in the current fiscal year.
Request for Payment (F-4) and Student Expense Report for University Business (F-34) must be received in Accounts Payable no later than 4PM on Friday, June 12, 2015. Please send to Accounts Payable, RC Box 278958.
Payroll Reallocation Changes – Requests for payroll reallocation changes on Form 800 should be received no later than 4PM on Friday, June 12, 2015. Please send your materials to Laura Bardossi, Box PERC.
Employee Expense Reports (F-3) – must be received in Accounts Payable no later than 4PM on Tuesday, June 23, 2015. Please send to Accounts Payable, RC Box 278958.
All journal entry forms and 312 requisitions (non-purchasing) due in divisional office / central finance by 4PM on Wednesday, July 1, 2015
Preliminary reports available on the morning of Thursday, July 9, 2015
Final reports available at 12:00 noon on Wednesday, July 15, 2015
NOTE: If you should have any questions, or need further clarification:
- Fiscal year end closing, please contact Karen Lombard-Bryce (5-8350).
- Request for Payments & Employee Expense Reports, please contact Marta Herman (5-7880).
- Payroll Reallocations should be directed to Laura Bardossi (5-7027).
Certified users have completed the following:
- Have a Workday Access Form submitted and approved
- Completed all necessary training
- This includes the Introduction to UR Financials eLearning in Blackboard
- AND the Non Company Level Reporting class for non company level users.
- Passed all necessary training assessments in Blackboard
- This includes the Introduction to UR Financials eLearning assessment
- AND the Non Company Level Reporting test for non company level users.
If you have any questions, please contact your local Project Champion.
Please join us for the first UR Financials User Group meeting. This group has been created to inform, discuss, and share UR Financials practice with one another for continued learning and support. May’s meeting will focus on UR Financials Communications and Reporting.
Please, sign-up here to participate in person, or remotely on:
May 20th from 1:30 – 2:30 PM. (This group meets once a month)
For those partaking in the meeting via WebEx – click here, and enter your name and e-mail if prompted.
The meeting password is: Workday24
Conference call info is included below:
Dial in: 1-888-330-3581; Access Code: 6534022
Meeting agenda is posted below:
- Project Announcement and Accomplishments
- Reporting Workshops
- UR Financials Communications
- Financial Close Notifications
- UR Financials Functionality Enhancements
- Upcoming Events
Presentation materials will be accessible through this link.