The UR Financials project team has successfully completed the Plan phase of the project. During this phase, the team completed the following deliverables:
- Documented business requirements that the current system (FRS) can perform. Based on our current knowledge of the new system (Workday), we identified each requirement as a “Fit” (Workday can satisfy the requirement) or as a “Gap” (Workday cannot satisfy the requirement).
- Documented business process improvement opportunities. Based on functionality available in Workday or based on best practices, the team has identified opportunities to improve process efficiencies or internal controls. Business cases will be developed and reviewed with the Finance Advisory Committee to determine the path forward.
- We have identified over 1000 reports that are used today. We expect that 80% will be satisfied by standard Workday reports, and the remaining 20% will be custom Workday reports.
- Today, there are over 100 interfaces into FRS. We expect approximately 60% will convert to the new Workday Chart of Accounts (COA) with the remaining 40% continuing to send FRS COA format. The 40% FRS COA formatted interfaces will be converted to the Workday COA format via an internal system.
- Developed the strategy for change management as well as increased our communications to impacted audience via enhanced website content.
This was a concerted effort by all members of our project team. The efforts spent on this crucial stage of the project will pave a solid path for future accomplishments and University benefits.