On July 31st, you were asked Are We Ready? To help determine this, we disseminated our third UR Financials survey. The survey was distributed electronically to 1785 users and we received 156 responses (an 8.73% response rate) over a period of two weeks. The overall survey response shows continued awareness and engagement around the project. Questions on this survey were designed to provide a deeper dive into the upcoming phase of the project and topics that are vital to our successful implementation. From these pointed questions, we have created an action plan to address areas in our survey that registered 50% or higher of the combined data points from the Neutral, Disagree and Strongly Disagree values on the survey satisfaction scale.
Additionally, we received 74 responses to our open-ended question. We have addressed the concerns surfaced through your responses in August’s Demo Days events, Project Champion meeting and upcoming communications.
Action Items Identified:
- Understanding the FRS to UR Financials (Workday) Chart of Accounts translation
- Workday Monthly Ledger Report
- Hands-on experience with Workday
- Scheduled training dates and times
- More demonstrations
- Post Go-live Support plan
Currently we have been taking the following action steps to address the above findings:
- August’s Demo Days event focused entirely on the survey results and helped validate the action plan that will address the areas of opportunity above. Future events will assist in communicating the Post Go Live Support Plan with more detail.
- To assist with the new Chart of Accounts understanding and translation of current FRS accounts we have released early our eLearning solution, Introduction to UR Financials and Forms videos on UR Financials website.
- To further assist with understanding the new Chart of Accounts, a distribution of a COGNOS FRS to Workday mapping report has been tested with a pilot audience and well received. We will continue to offer this as a tool to others and communicate how to access and use it for FRS account code translation/ mapping to the new Financial Data Model and conversion approvals
- Finally the Financial Data Convertor ,developed to translate FRS codes to the new Financial Data Model has been updated to provide UR Financials Spend and Revenue Categories (FRS sub accounts) with descriptions
Over the coming weeks we will be taking the following action steps to address the remaining items:
- We will continue outreach efforts using Demo Day events, increasing the amount of demonstrations to show Chart of Account translations, Form updates with step by step instruction with a discussion on the end to end process and viewing the Workday 23 Monthly Ledger report.
- Introduce a series of ‘Hands On’ sessions using the UR Financials that will provide early access to the system and experience running the Monthly Ledger report. This will provide a brief, yet tangible experience of FRS translated data in the system and assist with Conversion of FY15 data to Workday term for approval. Please Note: These sessions will not replace instructor-led training sessions starting in November.