Intramural Basketball Rules
- Open: Any combination of males or females.
- Co-Rec: At least two females on the playing surface at all times.
- Single Gender: Only members of that gender may participate.
Each team will consist of no more than 5 players on the court. Players shall play on only one team in a league (Co Rec and Open). A player will subject both teams to forfeit all games if found violating this rule. A player may, however, play on two or more teams providing the teams are in different leagues.
- Each game will consist of two 15 minute halves with running time. During the last minute of each half, the clock will be stopped on dead balls.
- Half time will be five minutes.
- No overtime.
- Each team receives one, 1 minute time out per half.
- Time will only be stopped for injury or as deemed necessary by the official.
- During the last one minute of each half, the clock will be stopped after dead ball.
- College basketball rules apply except as stated on this sheet.
- A team shall receive 2 points for all baskets made except from beyond the designated three point line.
- The official will determine where the shot was taken from.
ZONE DEFENSES are allowed.
- One conduct technical foul (i.e. unsportsmanlike behavior, taunting of any type, etc.) results in an automatic disqualification of that player and removal from the gym. These are called by the game supervisor and failure to leave the gym in one minute will result in a forfeit for the disqualified player's team.
NO blatant CHARGING!
- Any foul with malicious intent is a flagrant foul and the offensive team receives 2 points or 3 points on a 3 point shot. Ejection of player is determined by supervisor.
- More than one flagrant or conduct technical foul may result in forfeit of the game for the disqualified player's team. This will be determined by the supervisor.
- Foul situation all game:
- If fouled while shooting, and basket is not made then team still has possession of the ball.
- If fouled while not shooting, receive possession of the ball.
- No free throws are awarded for fouls.
- NO 10 sec. BACKCOURT VIOLATION, NO 5 sec. or 3 sec. violations will be called.
- A 30 second shot clock will be in effect the last three minutes of the game, as determined by the supervisor.
- In the event of a tie, overtime will be 3 minutes.
- A 30 sec. shot clock will be in effect during the three minute overtime, as determined by supervisor.