What is Collaborate?
Collaborate is a web conferencing tool that can be used to facilitate synchronous online sessions. The system has the capability to establish audio and video connections between moderators and participants. Moderators have the option to various tools, such as whiteboard, presentation, application sharing, and web tour within their online sessions.
Collaborate can be used for:
- Online or Distance Learning courses
- Holding Online/Virtual Office Hours or Review Sessions
- Student collaborative group work
- Teaching from Remote Locations
- Guest lectures
- Facilitating meetings with participants in remote locations
Please contact Lisa Brown (email@example.com or 275-9162) for more information.
- Step 1: Check your browser and Java
- Step 2: Enter the v12.5 Configuration Room and set up your audio/video
- During business hours, contact your local Blackboard support team.
- Outside of business hours, contact the Collaborate team by Phone or Live Chat.
Quick Reference Guides
- Audio Setup Wizard (pdf)
Note: Mac OS 10.8.4+ Users
Users with Macintosh OS 10.8.4 and above will be asked to use the new Blackboard Collaborate Launcher to join a collaborate session. This will alleviate the issues associated with Java dependencies and the Apple operating system.
- More information about the Blackboard Collaborate Launcher
- Frequently Asked Questions about Blackboard Collaborate Launcher
Information for Participants
Information for Moderators
Integrating Collaborate with Blackboard
Blackboard Collaborate Plan
Blackboard Collaborate Publish