University of Rochester
Documentation for Instructors
URMC Blackboard Support
Information for Students
Course Content and the Content Collection
Adding Files and Links
The "Build" menu
- new ways to add content in Bb 9.1
Copy and Paste from Word
(Avoid formatting problems caused by copied MS Word markup code)
Create an Item (add text or upload a file)
to adding a content item
Upload (and download) multiple files
- how to get multiple files into and out of Blackboard.
Create Folder/Organize Content
to organizing items or tools within folders.
Copy or Import Course Content
to copying previous course content to a new course.
Add an External Link (and keep the Course Menu!)
to creating external links.
Embedding Media files
- add images or embed multimedia
Adding a "Mash-up"
(Flash video; 3 min.)
Add a Textbooks link
(enables online purchase or download of your textbooks direct from Barnes & Noble)
Using the Content Collection
Getting Started with the Content Collection
- Introduction to file management features in Bb 9.1
Moving Course Files to the Content Folder
- If you copied or exported/imported your materials before the upgrade, you can still move your files.