The Assignment feature allows you to set up assignment instructions with availability and due dates. It will automatically create a corresponding column in the Grade Center, which is where you go to retrieve and grade the submissions.
Students are provided with an interface to submit the assignment online via Blackboard.
Any time you want to make changes to your Blackboard course, be sure that Edit Mode is turned on. The button will be located near the top right of your screen. Toggling the Edit Mode to "Off" will give you a student view.
1. In the Course Menu, click on desired Content Area (Course Materials, Assignments, etc…).
2. From the Create Assessment dropdown, choose Assignment
3. Type in the assignment’s name and type in your instructions.
4. Attach any files that you want the student to use for the assignment. Input how many points you want this assignment to be worth (must be a number, not a letter grade). Select the availability of this assignment (more detail on availability options below).
5. Enter the due date for the assignment. The due date will display to the student on the submission screen, after they click the Assignment link. This setting will NOT make the assignment unavailable after the date passes. You need to control that with the "Limit Availability" settings.
6. Select who will receive the assignment. If this is a group assignment, the groups will need to be set up beforehand.
7. Click the Submit button.
Q: Why would I want to keep my assignment from being visible?
A: If you are not finished with your assignment you may choose to delay the accessibility of your assignment.
Q: What happens if I do not choose a Display After/Until Date and Time?
A: If you do not click on the Display check boxes, your assignment will be visible as long as your course is available.
Q: How do I add a file to my assignment?
A: From the Assignments page, click on the assignment in which you want to add a file to. If you scroll down, there will be a Browse button. Locate the file you wish to add and click the Open button. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Submit button.