Bb 9.1 Documentation for Instructors
**New for Summer 2016**
Starting with the Summer 2016 courses, we will be moving to a new Blackboard system on an updated version of the software (Blackboard 9.1, update Q4 2015). The new URL will be:
All UR staff and students will log in with NetID.
New features include a true student preview mode, inline grading, video conferencing, and much more. For a complete list of changes and links to documentation and videos demonstrating the new features, see "What's New in Blackboard update Q4 2015." Or view a recorded session demonstrating the new features.
- Instructor FAQ (answers to instructors' most commonly asked questions)
- URMC Blackboard Support
- Blackboard.com Instructor Help Please note that there may be some features described that do not pertain to our implementation of Blackboard. If you find instructions that don't correlate to what you're seeing, it may be that we don't license or enable that particular tool. In that case, please contact your UR Blackboard support team for help.
Help with Specific Blackboard Features
- Make your course available
- Upload an avatar
- General Course Management (the Course Menu, course backups, style options, setting entry point)
- Managing Course Content (adding files or other static content, copying content between folders or courses)
- Using the Student Preview
- Watch a video on using the Student Preview (2 min. 23 sec.)
- Using the Blackboard Calendar
- Using Discussion Boards
- Using Piazza (Piazza is a free online gathering place where students can ask, answer, and explore 24/7, under the guidance of their instructors.)
- Using Journals, Blogs and Wikis
- The Blackboard Grade Center
- Tests and Surveys
- Using Rubrics with Gradable Items
- Managing Users and Groups
- The Retention Center
- Collaborate - Collaborate is a web conferencing tool that can be used to facilitate synchronous online sessions.