Bb 9.1 Documentation for Instructors
We upgraded to Blackboard 9.1, Service Pack 13, on January 4, 2014. SP13 includes several new and some upgraded features.
If you're new to Blackboard, you can view a recording of an introductory training here.
- What's New in Blackboard 9.1 SP13? - See a summary of changes
- Blackboard Essential Info - avoid common pitfalls by reviewing this list of 10 bullet points.
- Supported Browsers - Blackboard works best in tested OS/browser configurations. Find out if you're using a supported browser.
- Instructor FAQ (answers to instructors' most commonly asked questions)
- URMC Blackboard Support
- Blackboard.com Instructor Help Please note that there may be some features described that do not pertain to our implementation of Blackboard. If you find instructions that don't correlate to what you're seeing, it may be that we don't license or enable that particular tool. In that case, please contact your UR Blackboard support team for help.
Help with Specific Blackboard Features
- Make your course available
- Upload an avatar
- General Course Management (the Course Menu, course backups, style options, setting entry point)
- Managing Course Content (adding files or other static content, copying content between folders or courses)
- Using the Blackboard Calendar
- Using Discussion Boards
- Using Journals, Blogs and Wikis
- The Blackboard Grade Center
- Tests and Surveys - New Features in SP13
- Using Rubrics with Gradable Items
- Managing Users and Groups
- The Retention Center
- Achievements - New in SP13
- Collaborate - We are currently piloting Collaborate, a web conferencing tool. To learn more about the pilot, please contact Lisa Brown at 275-9162 or email at email@example.com