Bb 9.1 Documentation for Instructors
Information about Blackboard at UR
We have moved to a new Blackboard system on an updated version of the software (Blackboard 9.1, update Q4 2015). The new URL is https://learn.rochester.edu
All UR staff and students will log in with NetID.
New features include a true student preview mode, inline grading, video conferencing, and much more. For a complete list of changes and links to documentation and videos demonstrating the new features, see "What's New in Blackboard update Q4 2015." Or view a recorded session demonstrating the new features.
- Instructor FAQ (answers to instructors' most commonly asked questions)
- URMC Blackboard Support
- Blackboard.com Instructor Help Please Note: Much of the documentation on the site http://help.blackboard.com, will refer to Original Course View or Blackboard ULTRA. We are not using ULTRA. Please ignore references to it in the online documentation. If you find instructions that don't correlate to what you're seeing on your screen, it may be that we don't license or enable that particular tool. In that case, please contact your UR Blackboard support team for help.
Help with Specific Blackboard Features
- Make your course available
- Upload an avatar
- General Course Management (the Course Menu, course backups, style options, setting entry point)
- Managing Course Content (adding files or other static content, copying content between folders or courses)
- Using the Student Preview
- Watch a video on using the Student Preview (2 min. 23 sec.)
- Using the Blackboard Calendar
- Using Discussion Boards
- Using Piazza (Piazza is a free online gathering place where students can ask, answer, and explore 24/7, under the guidance of their instructors.)
- Using Journals, Blogs and Wikis
- The Blackboard Grade Center
- Tests and Surveys
- Using Rubrics with Gradable Items
- Managing Users and Groups
- The Retention Center
- Zoom - Zoom is a web conferencing tool that can be used to facilitate synchronous online sessions.
- Voicethread - Voicethread is a multimedia-based discussion tool.