Blackboard: Essential Info
Welcome to the 2012-13 academic year. Below you will find updated information on our current version of Blackboard, as well as a series of tips on how to avoid hassles in setting up your courses this year.
As of June 9, 2012, we are on Blackboard 9.1, Service Pack 7. Please see What's new in 9.1 SP7 for supported browsers, new features (rubrics, auto-submit timed tests, mobile compatible tests), and known issues.
Still need help? Contact your Blackboard Support Team.
- Avoid using "special characters" in assignment or group names. "Safe" characters are: A-Z, a-z, 0-9, . (dot), - (dash) and _ (underscore). See more.
- Don't paste text directly from MS Word into Blackboard text boxes. Use "Paste from Word" tool.
- For instructions on copying materials to a current course from a previous semester, see Copy or Import Course Content.
- When copying assignments or tests for a new term, be sure to include "Grade Center Columns and Settings" in the itemized copy list.
- System emails about copy/import processes being complete are usually premature. After the email, wait ~30 minutes to check the destination course.
- Library reserves cannot be moved forward in a copy or import process. You will need to contact email@example.com to reactivate course reserves.
- Want to upload several files at once? See Upload (and download) Multiple Files
- Blackboard systems are backed up daily, but individual courses are archived weekly, and do not include copies of uploaded files. To create your own complete archive, see How to create and download your own course archive.
- Questions? check the Instructor FAQ
- Need more in-depth documentation or video demonstrations? See Documentation for Instructors or the Help tab in Blackboard.