New Test Features in SP11
There are three significant improvements to tests in Service Pack 11:
1. Automatic Regrading - If you need to change the point value of a question, delete a question, or give students full or extra credit, Blackboard will now automatically regrade the test. It will also regrade if you have to change the answer you designated as correct when you created the test.
2. New options for Fill in the Blank Questions - When creating fill in the blank questions, you no longer have to require one exact answer. New options for creating acceptable answers include "contains" and pattern recognition
- Creating a Fill in the Blank Question (Blackboard video; 3 min. 16 sec)
- Fill in the Blank Questions
- Fill in Multiple Blanks questions
3. Item Analysis - Item analysis provides statistics on overall test performance and individual test questions. This data helps you recognize questions that might be poor discriminators of student performance. You can use this information to improve questions for future test administrations or to adjust credit on current attempts.
For more information on using tests in Blackboard, see Tests and Surveys in Blackboard