The staff of University Information Technology provide IT services and support to enhance students' education. Students at the University of Rochester have access to:
- High-speed wireless and wired networks accessible in most buildings and public locations around campus
- Computer labs with printers and dozens of software applications to help complete assignments
- A mobile app that provides access to many University services, including GPS-activated campus maps and bus locators, course schedules, event calendars, and more
- A large IT Center with an IT Help Desk to assist with IT questions and issues
- A University account that provides access to the University web portal learn.rochester.edu and many other online services
- Research computing services, including computer visualization capabilities and workshops on programming languages, specialty software, and supercomputing platforms
- Discounted cellular phone service
- On-campus technology stores that offer educational discounts on computers, software, accessories, video gaming products, popular consumer electronics, and other technologies
- Information about a range security measures and “Security Tips of the Week”
- Students can request in-room telephone and voicemail service if they live in a residence hall. In-room phone service includes telephone and voicemail, 5-digit on-campus calling, free local calls, 800-number calls, and 24-hour help and information. For enhanced voicemail, analog adaptors, ADA-compliant services, TDD equipment, or general questions or support for any of these services, contact the IT Center at (585) 275-2000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the University IT website for more information about IT services.