The staff of University Information Technology provide IT services and support to enhance students' education. Students at the University of Rochester have access to:
- high-speed wireless and wired networks accessible in most buildings and public locations around campus
- computer labs with printers and dozens of software applications to help complete assignments (www.rochester.edu/it/maps)
- a mobile app that provides access to many University services, including GPS-activated campus maps and bus locators, course schedules, event calendars, and more (www.rochester.edu/urmobile)
- a large IT Center with an IT Help Desk to assist with IT questions and issues
- a University account that provides access to the University web portal my.rochester.edu and many other online services (http://myidentity.rochester.edu)
- research computing services, including computer visualization capabilities and workshops on programming languages, specialty software, and supercomputing platforms (www.circ.rochester.edu)
- discounted cellular phone service;
- on-campus technology stores that offer educational discounts on computers, software, accessories, video gaming products, popular consumer electronics, and other technologies (www.rochester.edu/it/store);
- information about a range security measures and “Security Tips of the Week”
Students living in residence halls can request digital telephone services, including free local calling and voicemail service. For enhanced voicemail, analog adaptors, ADA-compliant services, TDD equipment, or general questions or support for any of these services, contact the IT Center at (585) 275-2000 or email@example.com.
Visit the University IT website (http://www.rochester.edu/it) for more information about IT services.