Helping Current Students
As an alumnus(a), you can play a vital role in the career development of current Rochester students and fellow alumni(ae)! Here are some of the ways in which you can help:
- Serving as a resource. Communicating with students/alumni(ae) interested in your career field via phone or email
- Assisting students and alumni(ae) with graduate school admissions and interviewing activities
- Posting job and internship openings. Sending the Career Center position descriptions for opportunities at your organization
- On and off campus recruiting. Receiving invitations to and information about career fairs, interviewing opportunities and other similar events in Rochester, New York City, Boston, Washington, DC and Los Angeles
- Receiving Resume Collections. Screening resumes and selecting qualified candidates to interview for positions or internships with your organization
- Identifying and regularly updating information regarding contact persons in your organization who recruit candidates for internships or entry level jobs
- Identifying search professionals who can assist experienced candidates with their efforts
Be sure to join the Rochester Career Advisory Network, a community of hundreds of UR alumni who volunteer to assist students and alumni(ae).
Thanks for thinking of UR!