As an alumnus, you can utilize the services and resources offered by the Gwen M. Greene Career & Internship Center.
Our services include:
- General career counseling
- Help with getting started on your job search
- Resume, cover letter, and job search correspondence critiquing
- Job search strategy formation and facilitation, including use of third-party search professionals
- Alumni networking and coaching
- Advising for graduate school and professional schools, including law school and medical school
- Access to Handshake and CareerShift, as well as other web resources, research tools, job listings and more
Alumni Job Seeker Access to Handshake
Handshake is our job and internship search database, as well as our resource library for products like GoinGlobal, CareerShift, Vault, US News and World Report, and many others. To create a job seeker account:
If you graduated from May 2013 - present:
- Go to http://rochester.joinhandshake.com.
- If you remember your NetID and password, you can login through the NetID option.
- If you do not remember your NetID and password, enter your UR email address and then click the “UR Alumni Job Seekers & Administrators” option and then click “forgot password” to set up a password. This information will be sent to your UR email address.
- If you would like to update your username and email address to something OTHER than your UR email address, please email this request, along with your original UR email address, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you graduated prior to May 2013:
- Go to http://rochester.joinhandshake.com
- Enter your current email address (gmail, yahoo, whatever) and click “I am a student/alumni”
- Click “Register New Account” and enter your information
- FINAL STEP! Once you have created your account, please email email@example.com with the email address you registered and your grad year so we can authorize your account! Your account will be activated within one business day in most cases.
Invitations to career-related programs in the Rochester area and beyond
We partner with the Office of Alumni Relations to provide other career-related services, including networking events, webinars, e-newsletters, and a LinkedIn group. In addition, the Rochester Alumni Exchange (RAX) connects you digitally to your alma mater and the 100,00+ Rochester alumni around the globe.
Ready to get started?
Contact us at (585) 275-2366 or career.center@rochester to set up an appointment with an advisor.
Want to get involved?
Check out our volunteer opportunities for alumni.