Posting a Position
Thank you for thinking of the University of Rochester!
Your job or internship posting will be entered into our online recruiting system. “CareerLink” is our web-driven relational database powered by Experience. It is a resume review, posting, on-campus recruiting and outreach system.
You can post a position one of two ways:
- Email or Fax:Please feel free to email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (585-461-3093) any postings you wish to submit to the Career Center. We would be happy to add your opportunities to our database at no charge.
- Post Yourself: If you wish to sign up for an eRecruiting Account to post jobs yourself, please CLICK HERE. Otherwise, please send your current opportunities directly to us and we will post them through our website. There is no charge to post positions yourself, however please follow the instructions below to avoid paying a fee administered through our vendor Experience.
Linking in to the University of Rochester CareerLink
- First, create an employer account, and wait until your registration is approved, when you will receive an email with login instructions
- Visit http://u-of-rochester.experience.com/emp/sblogin and enter your username and password
- On the next screen, find the “Experience Dashboard.” In the bottom panel you will see your linked schools, and should click on “The University of Rochester”
- You are now into the University of Rochester CareerLink System
Posting an Internship or Job (you can also download a .pdf of instructions)
- Once you are in the University of Rochester CareerLink, click on the Button/link for “Jobs”
- On the following screen, select “Post a New Job”
- You will come to a graphics screen with options for “Basic,” “Value” and “Proactive” Job Posting. SELECT THE NO COST BASIC JOB POSTING!
- Scroll to the bottom and select “Continue” (You do not need to select options on this screen!)
- Enter job information. Please pay specific attention to the application method, to retrieve them when you log into the system (the default) you will NOT be notified when someone applies. If you want applications sent to you one at a time, select this option, or you can give out your contact information for applicants to directly contact you.
- Click Continue
- You will then be asked to fill in specific details defined by the University of Rochester. Click on “Complete Details Now” to open a screen for additional information. ALL OF THESE FIELDS ARE OPTIONAL, and if you do not want to fill them in simply scroll to the bottom and select “continue.” Your job will then receive a green “done” check mark indicating your job is complete! (see .pdf instructions for screen shots of this)
- Preview – This screen allows you to pick “enhanced templates” for your posting, and fees apply. Select the basic post (default), and click Continue at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you approve the posting and continue, you will come to a screen confirming your job. You can then post another job by clicking “No Thanks, take me to the school homepage” or in the upper right hand corner, select “Jobs” to return to your job view screen.
* Please note that throughout the posting process, you will be constantly offered “Enhanced Options.” There are fees associated with these options, which you DO NOT need to pay in order to post your job. They are an add-on of the Experience product, and in no way necessary to post with UR or have your job noticed by students!
Thank you for posting with us, if you have any questions or difficulties, please email Michelle Werth, Recruiting Coordinator at email@example.com
For further information regarding recruiting activities here at the Career Center, such as scheduling on-campus interviews, setting up a resume deadline date for a particular position, or viewing students’ resumes in general, please call Michelle Werth (585-275-2366) or email firstname.lastname@example.org