Internship Programs / Online Posting Service
University of Rochester students are strongly encouraged to gain in depth field experience in areas related to their academic concentrations as part of the career planning process. Internships are an easy, cost-effective way to fill short-term needs with potential long-term employees. You get to “test drive” employees that have the knowledge and skills you need, while students receive a unique form of education that blends classroom training with practical work experience. Students who participate in internships are better equipped to make career decisions. University of Rochester students may pursue internships solely for experience or may seek academic credit. Coordinating the credit is the responsibility of the student and is typically arranged through a sponsoring professor and the College Center for Advising Services.
To post an internship with the University of Rochester:
CareerLink is now powered by NACELink/Simplicity. This system will allow you to not only post your positions and view candidates, but also to submit requests for on-campus interview dates, register for events and information sessions, and more!
To Login to CareerLink:
- Login or create an employer account at https://rochester-csm.symplicity.com/employers. If your email address is already in our system it will alert you, and you can reset your password through the “forgot password” link (required of all employers who have not set up their password as of July 1, 2014).
- If you are not already registered, simply create an account and we will process it within 1 business day. You can also enter your job posting as part of the registration process, and that will be approved at the same time as your account.
To post a position:
- Once you are logged in, find the “Post Jobs and Internships” tab on the top menu bar.
- On the next screen select “Add new” at the bottom of the results screen.
- Fill in your job details, select how you’d like to receive applications, and click submit.
PLEASE NOTE: There is no cost to post your positions directly with us through CareerLink. If you would like to post to multiple schools, you can look into a One-Stop account through Symplicity that would allow a single posting to reach multiple schools, but there is a fee for this service.
Review the U.S. Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division’s test for unpaid interns as well as the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) definition of an internship.
University of Rochester Career and Internship Center
4-200 Dewey Hall
Rochester, NY 14627
Fax: (585) 461-3093