As you begin to integrate career concepts into your syllabi, keep in mind that the Greene Center has the following options available to you:
- Absent Professor Program - If you are unable to be in class, consider using the Absent Professor Program to schedule a Greene Center professional to meet with your class and provide a 15-30 minute presentation on any career-related topic. Before our presentation, we can take care of pertinent administrative tasks such as checking roll or making announcements.
- Scheduled Presentation to Class - Presentations are not limited to just the Absent Professor Program. If your learning topics incorporate talking points related to career paths, one of our staff members can present in conjunction with you. Popular topics include:
- Career decision making & career exploration
- Experiential education such as internships, jobs, or volunteer experiences
- Post-graduation planning for things like job search strategies & graduate school prep
- NACE Career Competencies regarding the skills employers are currently seeking in the job market
- Department Meetings Attendance - Greene Center professionals can attend departmental meetings and learn about you and your students’ unique needs
For more information please contact Christina Pero.