Gwen M. Greene Career and Internship Center Staff
WE ARE HIRING! See below for open positions.
Under new leadership, the Gwen M. Greene Career & Internship Center is redefining career services at the University of Rochester to become an innovative and collaborative force for the career development or our students and alumni community. The Career Center serves undergraduate and graduate students in the Colleges of Arts, Sciences and Engineering. We actively partner with career professionals in other schools at the University, including the Simon School of Business, the Warner Graduate School of Education, the Eastman School of Music, and the School of Medicine and Dentistry. We are seeking individuals that will bring energy, innovation, passion and a strategic approach to career development and services. The Career Center is undergoing an exciting transformation and we are looking for professionals to join us to make this transformation a reality and greatly impact the lives of the people that are part of our community.
Through our work over the past 8 months, we have achieved many accomplishments and garnered support from University administration and leadership for initiatives to make career planning more central to the education of University of Rochester students. Some of these accomplishments are:
- Launching a new technology platform – Handshake – to better engage students with our office
- Plans for a renovated physical space to increase office space and create a more connected space
- The addition of 2 new full-time positions and a re-organization of roles and responsibilities to maximize our effectiveness; proposals for additional positions pending
- Career services is a major pillar and component in the vision of the Office of Advancement
- Led a committee on internships for the campus community bringing together campus partners committed to delivering quality internship experiences to students and employers
- New collaborative efforts with: Student Activities, Rochester Center for Community Leadership, Advancement, Admissions, Residential Life, Institutional Research, and the Student Association (student government) and leaders from student organizations
- Extensive travel with Advancement Division throughout the country to visit prospects and employer partners
- Continued commitment to students through our signature programs (CIC) and advising services
We are hiring for the following open positions (see our Org Chart):
Apply online at http://universityofrochester.jobs
Call our front desk at 275-2366 to make an appointment with any one of our staff below.
Joe Testani, Assistant Dean & Career Center Director
Ellen Cole, Senior Assistant Director
Amber Graham, Associate Director
Kellie Hernandez, Associate Director
Laura Jones, Associate Director
Dale Leyburn, Associate Director
Jodyi Wren, Associate Director
Alissa Roger, Counselor for Health Professions, Public Health and Life Sciences Research
David Cota-Buckhout, Resource Counselor
Katie Ferruzza, Career Counselor
Michelle Marks-Hook, Assistant Director of Student-Alumni/Parent Engagement Programs
Michelle Werth, Assistant Director, Counselor for Health Professions, Public Health and Life Sciences Research
Debbie Baker, Receptionist and Customer Service Coordinator
Peer Career Advisors
Additionally, 10 Peer Career Advisers (PCAs) staff our Career Center Resource Area, and are available on a walk-in basis to assist with a variety of career-related needs.
Peer Career Advisers are students that have received a full semester of training by the Career Center Staff to:
- Provide you with a tour of the Career Center Resource Area
- Introduce you to using the numerous printed and online career resources
- Assist you in developing and critiquing your resumes and cover letters
- Work with you to search for internships and employment opportunities
- Keep you up to date about career-related events on and off campus
- Answer other career-related questions and refer you to appropriate counseling staff
Peer Career Advisers are here to help you get started on resumes, cover letters, and your initial search for internships and employment opportunities. Although they can provide you with immediate and brief advice on a variety of career-related issues, you are highly encouraged to make an appointment with a Career Counselor to discuss strategies to develop and achieve your career plans in detail.
Resource Area 15 minute walk-ins are Monday – Friday from 1:00-4:00pm; just stop by the Career and Internship Center to meet with one of our helpful and friendly PCAs!