The Career and Internship Center collects information from current students, graduating seniors and alumni regarding goals, outcomes and services at multiple times during the year. A brief summary of information collected from the Class of 2015 can be found HERE.
While “placement of graduation” is of interest to many, in truth, these “statistics” are not valid nor reliable indicators of individual student “success” nor are they predictors of how a given student might fare over a four year academic tenure. Of course, we are proud of how many students find jobs, internships, and how many enter graduate and professional schools immediately post-commencement, but we are more proud of the outcomes facilitated by taking advantage of the Center’s services and resources that are designed to:
- Initiate and facilitate the self assessment, pResearch (research before job search), exploration by experience, and person-to-person alumni(ae) networking that will enhance capacities to articulate and, ultimately, attain goals.
- Nurture student employment, internship and post graduation application, interviewing and placement relationships with corporate, not for profit, educational, and varied prospective employers.
- Facilitate goal setting and applications associated with graduate and professional schools as well as post baccalaureate fellowships, grants and related options.
- Develop and enhance Resume and Job Search Correspondence Writing, Interview Skills Development, Self-initiated Job Search Techniques, Offer Negotiation, Internship and Summer Job Search skills.
- Enhance participation in off-campus recruiting consortia events in New York, Washington, DC, Los Angeles, and Boston that include pre-screened interviews and career fair components for career and internship applicants of varied majors and backgrounds.
We will continue to expand post-baccalaureate job search resources and services, without neglecting those associated with career exploration, internships, graduate study and the encouraging of academic curiosity. The Center is where developmental processes are facilitated by professionals who individually meet the needs of diverse undergraduates and alumni.