We want you to stay connected with us in the Department of Art and Art History and the Graduate Program in Visual and Cultural Studies through these pages.
- News about our Alumni
- Catch up on what friends and colleagues have been doing, where they are working, and their achievements.
- Alumni of the College
- Learn about alumni activities, publications and news, programs and services, how to support the University, and additional ways to stay connected with other University alumni.
- Find Out What's Happening
- From this page find a listing of departmental events, the newsletter for the Department, information on the VCS graduate conference, and our online journal, InVisible Culture: an Electronic Journal for Visual Studies.
- Send Us Your News
- We want to keep you informed about the Department's news and events, and also want to know what you are doing. Please send us your email address, mailing address, and news using the form on the Contact Us page.
Support the Department of Art and Art History and VCS
There are many ways for alumni to help the Department accomplish its goals for both undergraduate and graduate students. Here are a few ways. If you have other ideas, please let us know.
- Inform us of your change of address.
- Tell us about internship and work opportunity for students that exist in your institution, community, or city.
- Guest lecture or give a tour for the Art New York Program.
- Mentor a student.
- Guest curate an exhibition in one of the galleries.
- Donate books or provide funding to the Art/Music Library or the Visual Resources Collection.
- Establish a student scholarship fund.
- Donate to an existing fund.
Funds that currently exist to assist the Department:
- The Elizabeth M. Anderson Prize
- Established in 1891, the Prize is given annually to a member of the senior class who has attained proficiency in the special study of art or who writes a thesis on a subject connected with art.
- The Celeste Heughes Bishop Award and Scholarship Fund
- This award is given annually to undergraduate and graduate students for academic accomplishments, teaching achievements, and general contributions to the Department of Art and Art History and the Graduate Program in Visual and Cultual Studies.
- The Roger Mertin Memorial Prize for Excellence in Studio Art
- In memory of Roger Mertin (1942-2001), who taught photography at the University of Rochester for twenty-six years, the Department of Art and Art History is establishing this scholarship fund for outstanding undergraduate students. The Department hopes to raise enough money to be able to guarantee an award of $500 per year for a deserving student for many years to come. Any of Roger's friends, colleagues, family, or former students who would like to contribute, please send a check made out to "University of Rochester" to: Mertin Fund, Department of Art and Art History, 424 Morey Hall—RC Box 270456, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14627.
For more information, e-mail Administrative Assistant Martin Collier at email@example.com.