Galleries & Museums
The programs in the Department of Art and Art History and the Graduate Program in Visual and Cultural Studies make use of the University's extensive facilities, as well as Rochester's many resources.
- Galleries on River Campus
- Exhibitions on River Campus, many organized by students, are displayed in The Gallery at the Art & Music Library, G134 Rush Rhees Library, and Hartnett Gallery, on the second level of Wilson Commons. Students have a gallery of their own, AS IS, located in the Sage Art Center. The Center is also the home of the fully-equipped studios for all studio art classes.
- Student and Alumni Online Galleries
- An archive and sampling of the Studio Art Majors' Senior Thesis exhibition work as well as an online featured alumni gallery provides insight to the wide range and sort of art coming the Art and Art History Department.
- Area Museums
- In addition to facilities on River Campus, the Memorial Art Gallery and the International Museum of Photography at The George Eastman House are formally incorporated into many courses in the Department. Students also may pursue internships at these and other local institutions.