Art & Art History Home > Galleries & Museums > Galleries
- ASIS Gallery—Sage Art Center
- Gallery Hours:
9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
2:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m., Saturday & Sunday
- During the academic year ASIS maintains a rotating exhibition of works by
students currently enrolled in studio classes; the space provides
a site conducive to effective critique and separate from the production
space. ASIS is also one of the primary venues for the exhibition
required of undergraduate studio majors. As an extracurricular
activity, undergraduate students occasionally conceptualize thematically-based
exhibitions and follow through with all aspects of gallery operations,
from installation to advertising and reception planning. Since
exhibitions address work in progress and are, therefore, influenced
by class assignments, schedules are established on a month to
month basis. See Sage Art Center for current show information.
- The Gallery at the Art and Music Library
- Art and Music Library, G134, Rush Rhees Library, Ground Level
- Art and Music Library Hours
- The Gallery at the Art and Music Library is a well-situated exhibition space
that provides emerging local artists with the opportunity to show
their work in a space that is highly visible. The Gallery is also
one of the primary venues for the exhibition required of undergraduate
studio majors. Recent exhibitions have included photo-based installations,
artists' books, painting, sculpture, and ceramic works.
Rachael Hetzel - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hartnett Gallery
- Wilson Commons, second level
Hartnett Gallery Website
- The University of Rochester's Hartnett Gallery is a student-supported, professional art gallery showing contemporary work from national and international artists. Hartnett presents six to seven exhibitions each academic year including the Annual Juried Student Exhibition. This unique gallery space was built, along with Wilson Commons, by renowned architect I.M. Pei in 1972. Hartnett Gallery is funded, in part, by The Venture Fund from the president at the University of Rochester.
- The pasSAGE Gallery
- Rush Rhees Libray, Ground Level, Library Road Entrance
- The pasSAGE, an annex of Sage Art Center, is funded through the Department of Art & Art History. Long term exhibitions are chosen by a committee and focus on topical issues and/or regional artists.
- Senior Thesis Gallery
- Virtual Gallery
- All majors and some minors are provided with a studio at Sage Art Center
in which to work; they are expected to establish a presence there
that promotes an environment conducive to creative studio art
production. This virtual gallery contains examples of the work of studio art majors.