The Frederick Douglass Institute Research Award
The FDI offers grants to University of Rochester faculty and graduate students to support their research in the field of AAS. Proposals may include such items as travel to professional conferences (in cases where the applicant is on the program), travel for research purposes, and expenses connected with research and course development.
- Fall submissions must be received no later than December 15, 2012.
- Spring 2013 deadline is April 10, 2013.
SUBMISSION OF MATERIALS:
- To apply for a research grant, please submit a FDI Grant application form. Download the application form here.
- Submit a detailed budget.
- Graduate students must include a letter of support from faculty member, which is necessary for the application to be considered.
ADDRESS APPLICATIONS TO:
Research Grants Committee
Frederick Douglass Institute for African & African-American Studies
Morey 302 - RC Box 270440
Rochester, NY 14627-0440