Student Alumni Ambassadors (SAAs)
The Student Alumni Ambassadors are a select group of undergraduate students who serve as liaisons within the University alumni community, offering insights into current student culture and sharing their personal Rochester experience. The Student Alumni Ambassador program builds relationships among students and alumni and fosters pride in the University of Rochester.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with on-campus, local, and regional alumni events, including: Meliora Weekend, presidential and George Eastman Circle events, student-alumni networking and other career-related events, alumni social gatherings, prospective and legacy family events, and current student events.
- Represent the current student body in University publications and communications.
- Conduct campus tours for alumni prospects, donors, and new Advancement staff.
- Assist with thanking alumni donors by making phone calls, cards or letters, and videos.
- Provide the current student perspective when meeting with alumni prospects and donors, prospective and incoming families, and Advancement staff.
- Inform other undergraduates of the University’s alumni community and the services offered by the Office of Alumni Relations.
- Opportunities to acquire and sharpen leadership and communication skills while making personal and professional contacts.
- Unique access to alumni, parents, and friends of the University.
- Invitations to exclusive programs and events.
- Potential opportunities to travel on behalf of the University.
- Opportunity to attend an annual professional conference designed specifically for students in ambassador-like programs.
- Remain in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University.
- Attend an annual spring orientation and at least one of two monthly meetings.
- Complete a minimum of 10 volunteer hours (by assisting with various events/activities) per year, in addition to 8 hours during Meliora Weekend.
- Complete one Meliora Project per year.
- Participate in the senior class gift campaign as a senior.
- Be an advocate for the SAA program and the Office of Alumni Relations among alumni, parents, faculty, staff, and students.
View current members »
How to Apply
A Student Alumni Ambassador is a positive, responsible, and enthusiastic leader who enjoys meeting new people and would like to expand his or her professional and personal network. Applicants should have strong interpersonal communication skills and be familiar with current campus initiatives as well as the University’s history and mission.
Applications for the 2016-2017 academic year are now closed. Complete an interest form and you will be contacted at the start of our recruitment period in January.
For questions, please contact Michael Shea ’09, ’11W (MS), Assistant Director of Student Engagement, at email@example.com.