Young Alumni Council (YAC)
The Young Alumni Council (YAC) is a leadership organization dedicated to fostering and sustaining relationships with College graduates of the last decade to keep them engaged and actively involved with the University. The YAC advises the Office of Alumni Relations and assists with developing programs and communications uniquely tailored to younger alumni. The YAC also acts to shepherd the development of volunteers and future leaders in ways that deepen their commitment to the University and prepare them for active alumni leadership roles.
The YAC is comprised of 30-40 College alumni from the ten most recently graduated classes. Members serve a two-year term, with possible extension to a third. Two members are selected by the Office of Alumni Relations to serve as co-chairs, and one member from each of the major cities is selected to serve as a Regional Point of Contact (RPOC). Both positions are also a two-year commitment with possible extension.
Member Responsibilities and Expectations
- Participate in at least one of two All-Council conference calls and regional planning gatherings.
- Actively participate in at least 50% of Council-related activities and Alumni Relations programming (typically 4-6 events are planned in each city per year).
- Assist in the identification and recruitment of new volunteers and encourage participation in programming.
- Support the University annually by making a gift to the Annual Fund and/or becoming a George Eastman Circle member.
- Represent the Young Alumni Council, the Office of Alumni Relations, and the University on campus or in your respective community.
Please contact Lauren Bradley '11W (MS), Associate Director of Class Programs, Alumni Relations-Engagement at email@example.com should you have questions about the Young Alumni Council or young alumni programming.