Beta Gamma Sigma
Founded in 1913, Beta Gamma Sigma is the international business honor society for AACSB-accredited schools, which are the top five percent of business school programs around the world.
The University of Rochester Beta Gamma Sigma chapter was created at the graduate level in 1964 with the first undergraduate class being inducted in 2018.
The Mission of Beta Gamma Sigma is to encourage and honor academic achievement in the study of business, cultivate and celebrate leadership and professional excellence, advance the values of the society, and serve its lifelong members. Beta Gamma Sigma is a proud member of the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS).
- Lifetime recognition for outstanding academic achievement
- Student Scholarship Program
- Access to BGS CareerCentral Job Board
- Invitation to the biannual Student Leadership Forum
- BGS International Exchange magazine
- The Alumni Network – a list of international alumni chapters
- Promotions and discounts on publications, technology, attire and more
- Early access into RBS career fairs in both the spring and fall semester
- Participation in BGS exclusive employer events
For the full list of membership benefits, please visit the BGS website.
To be eligible for an invitation, students must:
- Be a declared business major (BS or BA)
- Have a business major GPA of at least 3.5
- Juniors: Be in the top five percent of their class by cumulative GPA and have completed six major courses
- Seniors: Be in the top 10 percent of their class by cumulative GPA
Students invited to join Beta Gamma Sigma are notified during one of their business classes in the spring semester*.
The ceremony includes the president of the University of Rochester Beta Gamma Sigma chapter along with other undergraduate business program staff and faculty members. Students are formally recognized for their academic achievement and given their invitation.
*Not every student that is eligible to join Beta Gamma Sigma is tapped due to the logistics of organizing the tapping ceremonies, but all students will receive an invitation via email.
Class of 2018 (Year Inducted)
Min A (2018)
Brian Caputo (2018)
Annamarie Forestiere (2018)
Shengbo Ge (2018)
Kurtis Glenn Haut (2018)
Xinrui Hu (2018)
Chanelle M. Huang (2018)
Sherry Lin (2018)
Alex Peihui Mai (2018)
Kara Elizabeth Miller (2018)
Hyo Jae Park (2018)
Jean Wolfs (2018)
Shangyu Ye (2018)
Hanjiao Zhang (2018)
Class of 2019 (Year Inducted)
Jerry Dai (2019)
Lihui Guo (2019)
Janice Y. Huang (2018)
Philip Kallinos (2019)
Sean Knapp (2019)
Lizhi Lei (2018)
Nicholas Wei Yang Lim (2018)
Kate Reasons (2019)
Zipei Yang (2018)
Zetian Xiao (2018)
Jiahao Xu (2019)
Jieyi Zhang (2018)
Zheyu Zhou (2019)
Class of 2020 (Year Inducted)
Zoe Black (2019)
Danielle Levin (2019)
Jiayin Lin (2019)
Yuhan Liu (2019)
Matthew Pataki (2019)
Samuel Triest (2019)