The Fellowships listed below are examples of competitive dollars that are available to University of Rochester graduate students and represent just a small sampling of the Fellowships that are available to all students in Arts, Sciences and Engineering programs at the University of Rochester.
For a complete list of external fellowships that applicants are encouraged to apply for in support of their graduate education, please visit the University of Rochester fellowships database.
Each year, graduate programs in Arts, Sciences and Engineering host multiple professional development opportunities for our incoming and current graduate students to explore additional fellowship opportunities. For additional information about professional development opportunities for graduate students at the University of Rochester, click here.
- Iberdrola: for master's students in programs related to energy and the environment
- Andrew W. Mellon Foundation: for the study of digital humanities
- The Andrew P. Barowsky Fellowship: for graduates of Dominican University
- Donald M. and Janet C. Bernard Fellowship: for PhD students in the sciences or engineering
- Roy E. VanDelinder Jr Fellowship: for PhD students pursuing a degree in History with a focus on European History
- Pungello Fellowship: for Early Connection Opportunity (ECO) students pursing a master’s degree
- Provost Fellowship: for promising students from backgrounds that have been historically underrepresented in a particular discipline
- Robert L. and Mary L. Sproull University Fellowship: for outstanding applicants to PhD programs
- Robert Jyr Chen: for international graduate students, particularly from National Taiwan University, pursing a degree in Materials Science