Kearns Center Scholars
The Kearns Center Scholars program currently supports undergraduates interested in pursuing baccalaureate degrees in arts, sciences and engineering..
- First semester freshman at the University of Rochester
- Must intend on majoring in arts, sciences, or engineering
- Must demonstrate financial aid eligibility
- Demonstrate a minimum GPA of 2.0 at the end of your first semester
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident
In addition, students will receive: intensive academic advising, study groups, career mentoring, and other enrichment opportunities. In order to receive continued Kearns scholarship support, scholars must remain in an arts, sciences, or engineering degree program at the University of Rochester, maintain satisfactory academic progress towards degree completion, and participate in program activities.
- Complete the below application completely.
- All attachments must be submitted through Google Drive. Create a folder called "Kearns Scholarship Application" and then paste the link to this folder in the application below. Right click on the folder and click “share.” Under "who has access" change the permissions to "Anyone who has the link can view" and then copy and paste the link.
- Required Attachments
- A copy of your financial aid award from FAOnline
- Your resume/Curriculm Vitae
- You must submit one letter of recommendation from a faculty member who can speak to your abilities as a student and potential researcher. All recommendations must be emailed by the professor/recommendor to email@example.com.
- If you are using a recommender who is not a member of the faculty, you must use this recommendation form.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 at 5:00pm EST.