Materials Science Graduate Program
Questions about applying to the Materials Science graduate program should be addressed to Lynda McGarry by phone at (585) 275-1626 or via email to: email@example.com.
A complete graduate application includes the following parts:
- Online Application Form may be submitted electronically.
- THREE Letters of recommendation should be submitted on the official Recommendation Form. This form can be downloaded from the application page. Click on FORMS at any time during the application process and it will take you there.
- Official transcripts of previous college and university grades.
- Official GRE scores (University code 2928 and Department code 1403)
- Official TOEFL scores for non-native English speakers. Minimum score is 600, IBT is 95. Please send scores to University code 2928, department 68.
All materials submitted by mail must arrive no later than February 1 to be considered for Fall admission.
- Address applications to:
- Graduate Admissions
Materials Science Program
Attn: Lynda McGarry
Department of Chemistry
University of Rochester
RC Box 270216
Rochester, NY 14627-0216
Policy: The University of Rochester provides equal opportunity in admissions and student aid regardless of sex, age, race, color, creed, disability, sexual orientation, and national or ethnic origin. Further, the University complies with all applicable nondiscrimination laws.
Special Information for International Students
Any documents or letters submitted in support of your application should be in English or should be accompanied by an English translation. Please do not send secondary school records.
To obtain a visa for study in the United States, international students must present the Certificate of Eligibility (I-20 or IAP-66) at a U.S. consulate or embassy and demonstrate full proof of ability to pay all tuition and living expenses for the first year of study. Note: University fellowships may not cover all of these expenses; students will ordinarily need some additional funds. The International Student Office will issue the I-20 or IAP-66 after a student has been admitted, paid the required admission deposit, and demonstrated proof of his/her ability to pay all expenses for at least the first year of study.
- Address questions to:
- International Student Office
209 Morey Hall
University of Rochester
Rochester, NY 14627
Telephone: (585) 275-6763
Fax: (585) 244-4503