Multidisciplinary Studies Center
Business Major—Transfer Credit Policy
Transfer Credit Policy for the undergraduate Business major:
- A maximum of 3 transfer courses can be used to fulfill the major, no more than one of which may apply to the track. For students transferring with junior status, a minimum of 7 of the 12 courses in the major must be taken at the University of Rochester.
- Students requesting transfer credit for business courses (such as those offered here by the Simon School) should obtain the course descriptions or the syllabus of the course they plan to take, or have already taken elsewhere. These materials should be emailed or brought to the Business Adviser in the Multidisciplinary Studies Center in Dewey 4-209B.
- Students requesting transfer credit for Economics courses should obtain the course descriptions or the syllabus of the course they plan to take, or have already taken elsewhere. These materials should be brought to the Undergraduate Coordinator in Economics, Harkness 238.
- Note that Economics courses at other institutions can transfer for "track" credit only if the student has completed the prerequisite of Intermediate Microeconomics (ECO 207).
- Note that transfer credit for ECO 108 requires a course (or courses) that cover(s) both principles of Microeconomics and Macroeconomics.
- Summer courses offered by the Economics Department at the University of Rochester do not require transfer credit approval.