Communal Principles Project
The Communal Principles Project (CPP) is an initiative of the College coordinated by the Office of the Dean of Students. This project aims to promote the communal principles of fairness, freedom, honesty, inclusion, respect, and responsibility, which are woven into the fabric that make up our community of engaged, lifelong learners. Beginning with the 2011-2012 academic year, one of the six principles will be highlighted annually.
2017-2018: YEAR OF RESPECT
Students are invited to apply for mini grants to develop a program or activity that exemplifies the spirit and purpose of respect to our community. Grants will be awarded in the amount of $200 or $500. Grant proposals will be reviewed by members of the Communal Principles Project committee. Please review the following Grant Proposal documents before submitting your proposal.
- CPP Grant Proposal Guidelines
- Statement of Communal Principles
Grant proposals should be submitted well in advance of your proposed event or program date to facilitate review and processing. Please review the deadlines below carefully to ensure that your proposal for grant-funding is received by the Selection Committee at least two weeks before your event.
- Fall Semester 2017
- Sept. 11
- Oct. 16
- Nov. 13
- Spring Semester 2018
- Jan. 22
- Feb. 19
- Mar. 19
Please note: Not all proposals received will be awarded a CPP grant. Requests for use of the CPP stamp for events or programs should be made in writing to Dr. Jessica Guzman-Rea, chair of the Selection Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on CPP and the Year of Respect, contact the Dr. Guzman-Rea at (585) 275-5678.
Additional Funding Sources
Check out this link, if you are interested in learning more about the One Community Programming Fund.
2017-2018: Year of Respect Grant Recipients
Congratulations to the following recipients of 2017-2018 Communal Principles Project Grants!
- Stay Tuned!
2016-2017: Year of Freedom Grant Recipients
- "Colour Me Africa" - Pan-African Student Association
- "HEALing Our Community: Health Information Tables at Soup Kitchens" - UR HEAL
- "The Bob Marley Expo: One Love" - Student Organization for Caribbean Awareness
- "UR Freedom to Feel Femminar: A seminar on emotional safety by and for Transfeminie People" - UR TINT
- "Women's Freedom in STEM: Women's History Month" - Society of Women Engineers
- "Gaming for Freedom" - UR eSports
- "Interfaith Banquet: Imagining Freedom with Mariame Kaba - Students' Association for Interfaith Cooperation
- "DREAM Week" - Refugee Student Alliance
2015-2016: Year of Fairness Grant Recipients
Week of Education - She's the First
Family Science Day - STEM Initiative
Kwibuka 22 - Pan African Student Association
Education for a peaceful Syria: The Syrian conflict and what it's going to take to end it - Delta Upsilon Fraternity
- Creative Minds: Art and Music Enrichment Program - Chee Kong
- India's Daughter Film Screening - Sigma Beta Rho Fraternity, inc.
- 2016 Joint Collegiate Black Student Summit - Black Students' Union's JCBSS Executive Committee
- Facilitator Skill Share Day - Students' Association Government
- MLK Day of Service - Community Service Network
- Paper Tigers Screening - Kappa Delta Sorority
- Moving Beyond That: Illness as an Opportunity for Transformation with Guest Speaker Meg Hutchinson - Active Minds
- Million Man March Bus Trip - Black Students' Union
2014-2015: Year of Inclusion Grant Recipients
- Fusion - Sigma Beta Rho Fraternity
- Be the Change Day - Delta Phi Omega Sorority, Inc.
- Hillcourt Sukkot - Alpha Epsilon Pi Fraternity
- Second Annual Omasturi Festival - Japanese Student's Association
- Pan-African Art Show - Pan-African Students Association & Creative Arts Club
- Erasing Hierarchies - Shamara Saffore
- An Evening with Hari Kondabolu - Students' Association Government
- SA Motivated Action, Retention, and Tenacity (S.M.A.R.T.) - Students' Association Government
- Talent Show - Douglass Leadership House
- Dancing for the Dominican Republic - Engineers without Borders
- Forum for June 4th - Hong Kong Students Association
- 19th Ward & Chabad House Mural Project - Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity
- Passport to Israel/Yom Ha' Atzmaut/Israel Rally - Israel Council
- "I am Me" Project - UR Posse Foundation, Cohort 1
2013-2014: Year of Honesty Grant Recipients
- Veg Challenge - Student Association of Vegan and Vegetarian Youth
- UR Post Secret - Women's Caucus & InterClass Living Community
- Business and Political Risk - Alpha Kappa Psi
- My Black is Beautiful - Black Students' Union
- Newman Fest - Catholic Newman
- Holi Moli - Hindu Students' Association
- Around the World: Celebration of Diversity - Linh Nguyen, Manal Sidi, and Natasha Golub
2012-2013: Year of Responsibility Grant Recipients
- Shack-a-thon - Habitat for Humanity
- Hudson Taylor - Pride Network
- Travis Apgar - Sigma Delta Tau Sorority
- Get on the Bus - Political Engagement Rochester Center for Community Leadership
- Sweatshop Workers Speak Out - Catholic Newman
- Founders Week - Sigma Psi Zeta Sorority, Inc.
- Survivor to Thriver - University Health Promotions & University Health Services
- Latino Expressions - Spanish and Latino Students' Association
- Concert for a Cure - Yellow Jackets
- Spring Showcase - Xclusive Step Team
- NewmanFest - Catholic Newman