Communal Principles Project
The Communal Principles Project (CPP) is an initiative of The College coordinated by the Office of the Dean of Students. This project aims to promote the communal principles of fairness, freedom, honesty, inclusion, respect, and responsibility, which are woven into the fabric that make up our community of engaged, lifelong learners. Beginning with the 2011-2012 academic year, one of the six principles will be highlighted annually.
SAVE THE DATE:
2014-2015: YEAR OF INCLUSION
Students are invited to apply for mini grants to develop a program or activity that exemplifies the spirit and purpose of inclusion to our community. Grants will be awarded in the amount of $200 or $500. Grant proposals will be reviewed by members of the Communal Principles Project committee. Please review the following Grant Proposal documents before submitting your proposal.
Grant proposals should be submitted well in advance of your proposed event or program date to facilitate review and processing. Please review the deadlines below carefully to ensure that your proposal for grant-funding is received by the CPP Committee at least two (2) weeks before your event.
- Fall Semester 2014
- Sept. 12 for events through Oct. 25
- Oct. 3 for events through Nov. 15
- Oct. 31 for events through Dec. 13
- Spring Semester 2015
- Jan. 19 for events through Feb. 28
- Feb. 13 for events through Mar. 28
- Mar. 6 for events through Apr. 25
Submit a Proposal (We are no longer accepting proposals for the 2014-2015 academic year)
Please note: There are four $500 and five $200 grants available. Not all proposals received will be awarded a CPP grant. Requests for use of the CPP stamp for events or programs should be made in writing to Dr. Jessica Guzman-Rea, chair of the CPP committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on CPP and the Year of Inclusion, contact the Office of the Dean of Students at (585) 275-4085.
2014-2015: Year of Inclusion Grant Recipients
Congratulations to the following recipients of 2014-2015 Communal Principles Project Grants!
- Fusion - Sigma Beta Rho Fraternity
- Be the Change Day - Delta Phi Omega Sorority, Inc.
- Hillcourt Sukkot - Alpha Epsilon Pi Fraternity
- Second Annual Omasturi Festival - Japanese Student's Association
- Pan-African Art Show - Pan-African Students Association & Creative Arts Club
- Erasing Hierarchies - Shamara Saffore
- An Evening with Hari Kondabolu - Students' Association Government
- SA Motivated Action, Retention, and Tenacity (S.M.A.R.T.) - Students' Association Government
- Talent Show - Douglass Leadership House
- Dancing for the Dominican Republic - Engineers without Borders
- Forum for June 4th - Hong Kong Students Association
- 19th Ward & Chabad House Mural Project - Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity
- Passport tp Israel/Yom Ha' Atzmaut/Israel Rally - Israel Council
- "I am Me" Project - UR Posse Foundation, Cohort 1
2013-2014: Year of Honesty Grant Recipients
- Veg Challenge - Student Association of Vegan and Vegetarian Youth
- UR Post Secret - Women's Caucus & InterClass Living Community
- Business and Political Risk - Alpha Kappa Psi
- My Black is Beautiful - Black Students' Union
- Newman Fest - Catholic Newman
- Holi Moli - Hindu Students' Association
- Around the World: Celebration of Diversity - Linh Nguyen, Manal Sidi, and Natasha Golub
2012-2013: Year of Responsibility Grant Recipients
- Shack-a-thon - Habitat for Humanity
- Hudson Taylor - Pride Network
- Travis Apgar - Sigma Delta Tau Sorority
- Get on the Bus - Political Engagement Rochester Center for Community Leadership
- Sweatshop Workers Speak Out - Catholic Newman
- Founders Week - Sigma Psi Zeta Sorority, Inc.
- Survivor to Thriver - University Health Promotions & University Health Services
- Latino Expressions - Spanish and Latino Students' Association
- Concert for a Cure - Yellow Jackets
- Spring Showcase - Xclusive Step Team
- NewmanFest - Catholic Newman