Trainee HandbookAmenities at the U of R
The Graduate Organizing Group (GOG) lists all major non-academic amenities on River Campus. Some are highlighted below that are of particular interest to Postdoctoral Trainees.
- Barnes and Noble on the U of R River Campus
- Location: Frederick Douglass Building
- Phone number: (585) 275-4012
- Barnes and Noble at the School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Location: Medical Center ground floor, room G-6010
- Phone number: (585) 275-2250
Distinguished by the diversity of its members, the University of Rochester welcomes people of various faiths from around the world. The Interfaith Chapel is located at 500 Joseph C. Wilson Blvd. http://www.rochester.edu/chapel/communities.html
Child Care at Work—The Children's School at URMC. Located across the street from the Medical Center, The Children's School provides care for children from 6 weeks to 6 years. The Family Care Program will furnish referrals to students, postdocs and staff for child care services.
Offers an online computer store as well as two retail stores. The Medical Center store is located on the ground floor, room G-7220B, next to the copy center. The River Campus store is in the Rush Rhees Library at the IT Center.
Copy Center locations at the University of Rochester. The River Campus Copy Center is located in Meliora Hall.
Dining and Convenience Stores
River Campus Locations—There are numerous options for dining on River Campus and the in the Medical Center. River Campus restaurants
Medical Center Locations
Light fare, snacks, smoothies and other beverages are available. Located on the ground floor of the Medical Center, room G-6135. Menu Link
House of Six Nations Cafeteria
Full-menu dining services are available daily. Located near the red elevators on the first floor of the Medical Center, room 1-2550. Menu Link
Light fare, snacks and beverages are available in the MRB Café. Located on the ground floor of the Medical Center off of the Flaum Atrium, room G-9500. Menu Link
This convenience store sells snacks, coffee and other beverages. Located on the ground floor of the Medical Center, room G-6115.
Postdoctoral Associates are typically assigned mailboxes within their department. Check with your department administrator or your graduate program coordinator for your internal mailing address.
- Mail Services (division of University Facilities and Services (UF&S) Support operations).
- Campus Post Office in the Todd Union Building. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Money orders are available. Personal checks and credit/debit cards are not accepted.
A post office is located at the University of Rochester Medical Center. Located on the ground floor (G-5122) of Medical Center.
- Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Money orders are available. Personal checks and credit/debit cards are not accepted.
- FedEx is available—courier boxes are located outside the post office and outside Rush Rhees Library. Most departments have FedEX drops.
Notary service is available at Chase Bank in the Medical Center.
- Location: ground floor, G-5111
- Phone number: (585) 242-0354
The URMC Employee Pharmacy can be used by students, postdocs, faculty and staff.
- Location: 1st floor, room 1-5125
- Phone: (585) 276-3900