Trainee HandbookHealth and Wellness
University Health Service (UHS)—for graduate students and postdoctoral associates.
- First floor of UHS Building on River Campus
- 1-5000 at UR Medical Center
Hours: Open 7 days/week during the academic year while classes are in session:
- Monday-Thursday 8 a.m. - 9 p.m., (Tuesday, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.)
- Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Sunday 1 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Appointments: To reach MD on-call after hours: (585) 275-2662 (Program this number into your cell phone so you have easy access when you need it.)
Health Insurance Information
- Health insurance and Dental Insurance information for postdoctoral associates.
- Health care plan information for postdoctoral associates.
- New York State Child Health Plus is the New York State health insurance plan for kids.
UR Fitness Centers
Robert B. Goergen Athletic Center (River Campus)
This facility features a multi-tiered, 10,000 square foot Fitness Center and Weight facility (with both Nautilus and free weights, treadmills, exercise bicycles, stairmasters, and elliptical machines); a large, bright multi-purpose room (used, for example, for martial arts or aerobics classes); a central equipment room; a Hall of Fame; locker rooms; and all department offices.
The URMC Fitness and Wellness Center offers discounted rates to postdoctoral associates.