- From Economic Crisis to Reform: IMF Programs in Latin America and Eastern Europe, by Grigore Pop-Eleches. Perspectives on Politics (2009).
- Money Talks: The International Monetary Fund, Conditionality, and Supplementary Financiers, by Erica R. Gould. Review of International Organizations (2009).
- Driving the Soviets up the Wall: Soviet-East German Relations, 1953-1961, by Hope M. Harrison, The Russian Review (2006).
- The IMF and Economic Development, by James Raymond Vreeland, International Studies Review 36 (1) (Jan 2005): 183-207.
- National Purpose in the World Economy: Post-Soviet States in Comparative Perspective, by Rawi Abdelal, Slavic Review (2003).
- Russia and the World Trade Organization, by Peter Naray, The Russian Review, (April 2002): 336-37.
- Hierarchy amidst Anarchy: Transaction Costs and Institutional Choice, by Katja Weber, International Studies Review, 3 (3) (Fall 2001): 165-68.
- The Council of Mutual Economic Assistance: The Failure of Reform, by Lee Kendall Metcalf, American Political Science Review 93 (2) (June 1999): 492-93.
- Ideas and International Political Change: Soviet/Russian Behavior and the End of the Cold War, by Jeffrey T. Checkel, Slavic Review 57 (2) (Summer 1998): 466-67.
- How Russia Became a Market Economy, by Anders Aslund, Political Science Quarterly, 110 (4) (Winter, 1995-96): 666-67.