Discover Grant Proposal Submission
Your Discover Grant Proposal must include:
- Names of personnel involved in the proposed research (including mentor if proposing author is not faculty)
- Contact information for proposing authors
- Overview of the research proposal (one page or less)
- Supporting links and documentation
- Estimated Cost / Budget (along with justification/estimates/quotes)*
- Letter(s) of support (to be emailed separately to email@example.com)
- In a page separate from the overview, provide brief answers to the questions below where applicable:
- How does this proposal increase and enhance undergraduate research opportunities for undergraduates at the University of Rochester?
- To what extent will this work go forth without this funding?
- To what extent is this work financially supported by others (department/program, PI support, outside grant funding, student contribution)?
- Describe potential safety issues that might arise with this work and the extent to which training and preventative measures will be taken to prevent accidents and/or injury.
- How will the undergraduates working on this project be supervised/mentored?
- CVs of proposing authors and students involved (if different)
- Informal copy of transcript for each student involved in work (if known at time of proposal)
*All student pay will be calculated in accordance with the UR Student Wage Guide. To ensure the requested wage is appropriate for the position's requirements, please refer to the Student Employment Classification Guide.
Please submit all materials to the Office of Undergraduate Research, firstname.lastname@example.org.