- theories and histories of film & photo
- the body and embodiment
- Independent and "minor" cinema
- film production
"The Body in Between"
Publications and Presentations
- “Andy Warhol's Stitches.” Society for Cinema and Media Studies Annual Conference, Seattle, forthcoming, March 19th-23rd, 2015.
- “Make no Prisoners: Steve McQueen's Montage.” Crossing the Boundaries 21, Binghampton University, April 26, 2013.
- "Everything But the Body: Montage Affects." Society for Cinema and Media Studies Annual Conference, Boston, March 21st-25th, 2012.
- Invited Speaker, "An Eye for Need: A Citizenry of Photography in Trouble the Water," The Fredrick Douglass Institute of African & African American Studies at the University of Rochester, Africa Video Series, December 8th, 2011.
- Invited Panelist, Little Theater & Rochester Contemporary Art Center Screening and Talkback Series: A Walk Into the Sea: Danny Williams and the Warhol Factory, Rochester, February 10th, 2011.
Fellowships, Grants and Awards
- Dean's Teaching Fellowship
- Co-founder and Programmer, "On Film" Graduate Cinema Series
- Instructor, American Independents, University of Rochester, Summer 2011 & (forthcoming) Summer 2014
- Instructor, Hollywood Underground: American Cinema from 1968-1983, University of Rochester, Spring 2014
- Workshop Instructor, The 16mm Film, University of Rochester, Summer 2013
- Instructor, Introduction to Video and Sound, University of Rochester, Summer 2012