- Eastern and Central European modern art
- queer historiography
- nationalism and visual culture
- self-portraiture in photography
- performance theory
- urban studies
- dis/ability studies
"Queer Departures: Migration, Sexuality and the Avant-Garde"
Publications and Presentations
- “Desiring Bones”. Gabrielė Gervickaitė: Exhibition Catalogue (Klaipėda: Kultūrpolis, 2012).
- “The Im/possibilities of Legibility: Mapping Queer Narratives of Vilnius,” LGBT/Queer Studies: Toward Trans/national Scholarly and Activist Kinships, July 2011, Madrid, Spain (conference hosted by Syracuse University, NY).
Fellowships, Grants and Awards
- Feminist Review Trust grant (received as founding member of the Lithuanian feminist artist collective Violets)
- The Embassy of the US to Lithuania grant for translation of Emma Goldman's "Anarchism and Other Essays"
- Susan B. Anthony Institute for Gender and Women’s Studies travel research grant, University of Rochester
- Skalny Center for Polish and Central European Studies travel grant Research Institute for History and Culture travel research grant, Utrecht University