The Involvement Record is a web-based document that captures your various accomplishments and involvements at the University of Rochester and allows you to reflect on how they have impacted your collegiate experience. Through your Involvement Record, you are able to showcase your participation in student organizations; highlight your leadership experiences; track your progress through CCC curriculums; and log your community service hours, attendance at major University events, and other experiences.
Your Record will automatically capture certain data made available through the Campus Community Connection, including memberships in organizations, leadership positions, and attendance at programs where ID's are swiped. In addition, your Record will contain any self-reported information you provide in the system (ex. service hours, reflections, etc.)
The Involvement Record is a great way to track your out-of-classroom experiences while a student at Rochester. It is helpful if you are meeting with your RA, advisor, or counselor; can provide context in talking with your parents and families about your experiences at Rochester; and can help you create a more traditional résumé or supplement applications.
The Involvement Record is compiled in the Campus Community Connection and administered by the Office of the Dean of Students. Note that this is not an official University document.
By virtue of being a student at Rochester, you already have an Involvement Record located in the Campus Community Connection. Sign into CCC at http://ccc.rochester.edu with your netID and password, then click on the drop-down "My Involvement" tab on the navigation bar and choose "Involvement Record." You can customize the view and download .pdf versions of your Involvement Record.
You can utilize the Involvement Record for various purposes such as: recording your experiences and leadership at Rochester; supplementing applications; providing context to RA's, advisors, or counselors; aiding in developing an elevator pitch for interviews and networking; assisting in the development of resumes; and as a tool to plan personal goals and manage time.
There are currently a variety of memberships or experiences that you can add to your Involvement Record. Follow the directions below to add or edit your memberships and experiences.
The Student Involvement section is based on all of your memberships in groups within the CCC including registered student organizations (academic honor societies, cultural, entertainment programming, club sports, community service, inter-collegiate competition, performance, fraternities and sororities, religious, etc.). In order for a group to appear in this list, you must be a member within the CCC.
- To view memberships: In the top, dark blue navigation bar, click "My Involvement" and then "Memberships" (https://ccc.rochester.edu/involvement/currentmemberships). All of your current and past memberships listed here will appear on your Involvement Record.
- To edit current or past memberships: On the "Memberships" screen, click on the group that you wish to edit. You can add a reflection for each membership, allowing you to showcase what you learned, how you contributed to the group in that specific role, or even leave notes or contact information for others in the group. There is also an option to "Leave Organization" if you wish to end a current membership.
- To add new current memberships: Find the group at http://ccc.rochester.edu/organizations and join the group. Before you can join, an officer from the organization must approve you.
- To add new past memberships: On the "Memberships" screen, click on "Add Past Memberships" (https://ccc.rochester.edu/involvement/addpastpositions). Complete the organization name, position within the group, start date, end date and reflection and submit. Once approved, the past membership will appear under your Involvement Record.
To view your self-reported experiences (Curriculum Progress Reports or Events you’ve attended): From the "My Involvement" tab in the dark blue navigation bar, select "Experiences" (https://ccc.rochester.edu/experiences).
- To add an experience: Click on the "Add Experience" button and select the experience that you wish to add (Curriculum Progress Report or Event Attendance). Complete the form as directed and submit it for approval. Once approved, the experience will appear under your Involvement Record.
- To edit an approved experience: Select the experience on the "Experiences" screen that you wish to edit and resubmit for approval.
Are you finished editing the content of your Involvement Record and ready to show it off? Visit https://ccc.rochester.edu/transcript/edit to make any final design and layout decisions before printing or saving.
The features below allow you to modify versions of your Involvement Record based on your intended use. Whether you need a list of your service hours, a list of leadership positions, a list of clubs and organizations, a one-page handout of your top overall highlights, or a comprehensive copy of all of your involvement, you are able to customize different versions of your Involvement Record.
- "Change Layout" button - Allows you to change the order of the sections or hide a section that you wish to not include. Click the "Change Layout" button to change the order in which the different section of your resume are displayed or choose to hide a particular type of involvement
- "Add" button - Under each section you are able to hide or unhide any of your memberships or experiences, including positions. Anything that you "hide" can be unhidden by selecting the "Add" button.
- "Sort" button - Under each section, you are able to change the order of the items in that section.
- "Reflections" checkbox - Under each section, you are able to hide or show your self-reported reflections that you submitted under any memberships or experiences.
- "Print" button - Allows you to see a preview of how the document will print before hitting the final "Print" button.
- "Create PDF" button– Allows you to open or save a copy as a PDF document.
- "Save" button - Allows you to save the layout changes that you have made.
For more information or questions about your Involvement Record, contact Wilson Commons Student Activities or submit an online help request.