Wilson Commons Student Activities encourages the dissemination of information through the posting of posters and fliers on bulletin boards within the building. Wilson Commons Student Activities is responsible for the administration and maintenance of all bulletin boards in the building and reserves the right to clear the bulletin boards at any time.
Wilson Commons Student Activities will assist in the multiple posting of fliers and posters in Wilson Commons. Student groups and departments who wish to have their program fliers and posters posted on the various bulletin boards and in glass cases should bring up to 4 copies of their poster to the Wilson Commons Office Manager, Room 201. WCSA will only hang posters for university sponsored events. Approved posters will be posted on a space available basis for up to 4 locations.
- Common Connection Information Desk
- Bulletin board outside of Common Connection
- Bulletin board on 3rd floor
- Glass cases on 3rd floor
OPEN BULLETIN BOARDS – GENERAL POSTING
- These designated boards are open for anyone to hang posters.
- One poster per event is allowed. Multiple posters will be removed.
- Posters covering other posters will be removed.
- Posters hung on borders will be removed.
- Open bulletin boards will be cleared every Monday.
1st Level – Kiosk around circular stairs.
2nd Level – Around kiosk near main entrance. All sides except side facing the Common Connection.
3rd Level – Bulletin Board on left side of tunnel across from RCCL glass cases.
WILSON COMMONS STUDENT ACTIVITIES – CONTROLLED ACCESS BULLETIN BOARDS
- These designated boards are for posters approved through Wilson Commons Student Activities.
- One poster per event is hung.
- All other posters and fliers will be removed.
- The Office Manager of Wilson Commons Student Activities is responsible for the approval process of posters.
- All dated posters will be cleared daily.
2nd Level – Kiosk near main entrance facing the Common Connection.
3rd Level – Hallway to Frederick Douglass Building, before glass doors.
3rd LEVEL GLASS CASES AND BULLETIN BOARDS
- The 3rd Level Glass Cases, located in the tunnel to the Library, are available for hanging posters for campus programs and activities. Posters for the glass cases should be given to the Office Manager in Wilson Commons Student Activities.
FLIERS AND POSTERS ARE PROHIBITED ON GLASS, WOOD, BRICK, PAINTED, AND METAL SURFACES. Advertisements cannot be placed on surfaces or tables in Wilson Commons.
DAY OF EVENT SIGNAGE
- WCSA will permit signs that are directional in nature to be hung the day of an event.
- The event must be located in Wilson Commons.
- This is the only time information can be posted on the glass doors or brick surfaces of Wilson Commons.
- Signs cannot be posted on any painted surfaces.
- The sponsoring organization must remove all signs after the event or a fee could be incurred.
WCSA does have arrow signs that can be placed around the building for directional usage for events. Please contact the Common Connection regarding their usage.
WCSA does permit art and free expression projects in Wilson Commons outside of bulletin board spaces on a temporary basis. Prior approval is required through the Director of Wilson Commons. There are also several spaces available for awareness activities that can be reserved through a form available at the Common Connection.
Organizations in violation of any sections of this policy may incur costs for the removal of their materials.